Battlefield Bad Company 2?

Mike Rowe
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2?

Post by Mike Rowe »

will we be able to use http://www.bfbc2admin.com/ here? And do you know the size of the banner? I could start working on it if I knew the specs
Its a Dirty Job
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That looks like a generic tool that will work on any server, so it should work here. I can't tell for certain, though, since its coders are so early in their development cycle and EA/DICE is still firming up the server code for the game.

The in-game server banner is 512x64.
Mike Rowe
A regular
A regular

Post by Mike Rowe »

Glad to see PBBans streaming is going to work
Its a Dirty Job
Mike Rowe
A regular
A regular

Post by Mike Rowe »

Edge100x wrote:The in-game server banner is 512x64.
I notice theres room for 2 banners or is there only 1 banner allowed? Will we be able to put our own banner?
Its a Dirty Job
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Currently only one banner can be configured. I don't know if they're planning to change this or not.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

Is DICE still limiting the non-ranked files to authorized partners only?
Was wondering if we would be able setup a private BC2 on our dedicated machine.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, DICE is still not publicly releasing these files. I don't think that they will ever let users run their own private servers (without purchasing them from a RSP), based on the interviews I have read.
Mycologist
A regular
A regular

Post by Mycologist »

When will we have access to our preordered servers and can you lets us know any details concerning admin tools?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

DICE is still determining what server will be used on day 1 of the game and how much access we will be able to give each customer. As soon as these are set, distributed to us, and tested, we will be able to put servers online and notify clients. I expect this to be a day or two before the release.

We will have basic rcon functionality in our control panel, as well as the Easy setup page for setting the server name and so on. There are also 3rd party tools such as http://bfbc2admin.com/ that can be used with the game.
Mike Rowe
A regular
A regular

Post by Mike Rowe »

[quote=bfbc2admin]It can be run on the same server as the BFBC2 server files, but it can also be totally different server. We want to motivate RSP's to run the daemon on their own server (and it will be released to the public as well), but we might add a (paid?) service so we can host the daemon for you...[/quote]

link http://www.bfbc2admin.com/phpbb/viewtop ... 5&start=30

So apparently the daemon has to be running somewhere. Nfoservers will still support bfbc2admin?
Its a Dirty Job
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That is one of the many 3rd party tools that will be available, in addition to the ones in our control panel. You will be free to use whichever you wish on your personal machine. On our end, none of the 3rd party tools are fleshed out enough yet for us to throw our weight behind one of them in particular and host it here, but we will be evaluating each of them more as time progresses.

The way that all of these tools work right now is just through the remote administration system (essentially, rcon) built in to the game.
WackyIraqi
A regular
A regular

Post by WackyIraqi »

Have you heard any news about when BFBC2 will be pushed out for downloading? If I believe correctly, NFO hosts a steam update server? :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I thought it was 12:01am March 2nd (local time). If it's not happening that way, I'm not sure what it is.

We used to host a VCS but have not in a little while now.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

Anyone happen to know the Query Port for BFBC2?
Want to add the server to HLSW so i can see if people are playing on it. (not trying to do any rcon)
Mike Rowe
A regular
A regular

Post by Mike Rowe »

http://bfbc2admin.com/

The daemon finally works without bugs (sometimes multi-threading sucks). I'm now finishing up the client (need to remove all the debug code I put in) and then we should be ready to go! ETA: 6,5 hours

Go ask your Game Server Provider if they'll support our tool already, since it's best if they host the daemon!
Its a Dirty Job