Beginner questions about BFBC 2 server commands

Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Beginner questions about BFBC 2 server commands

Post by Johnny »

I haven't really done any server administration in a long time, which will be evident by my questions. Please bear with me:)

I read all the info I could about the Rcon commands, revisions by Dice and the upcoming 3rd party stuff to come. Here is my main question:

Is there "console" access in game currently? I was trying to find how to login as an admin in game, and use the admin yell etc. Is this possible? Or, is that what the 3rd party software is for?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Beginner questions about BFBC 2 server commands

Post by Edge100x »

There's no console in the game client, so commands to the server have to come from outside. The way that some of the 3rd party tools get around this is by monitoring chat in the server and responding to their own commands there (by sending real ones to the server).
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Understood.

I have been looking at a rather popular(based upon following from past admin tools) BFBC2admin tools set as a work in progress here:

http://www.bfbc2admin.com/node/9

From what I understand, if I have the rcon password (which I do) and the command port (which I am not sure if I have or not) I can test the tools. When they become available shortly, will I be able to test them or is this something you guys will need to do?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, you should be able to use it here with just those pieces of information (based on reports I have heard on their prior versions). The rcon command port here is just the default, 48888.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Great. I will work on getting it installed as soon as he debugs the last part of the program. I will report the findings.