BC2 : Banner and Server Description

PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BC2 : Banner and Server Description

Post by PowersGaming »

apologies in advance if these issues have been addressed; I looked but could not find anything... On the BC2 servers:

It appears there is room for two 512 x 64 .png banners; the first (top) banner appears from w/e we put in the "Server Banner URL" box. The second (lower) "banner space" is filled by w/e we put in the "Server description" box.

1) Can we put two banners there ? I almost want to have one large one, but would be willing to create a "top half" and "bottom half".

2) If this is not possible, can we increase the font size of the text created in "Server descripton" ?

Thanks !
Jason
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: BC2 : Banner and Server Description

Post by Johnny »

Jason,

Can you even get yours working? I cannot see either box right now on my server. I know that there was a post about "long server descriptions" causing problems, but I cannot even get four words to show up!

Johnny
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

There's no way to use the bottom for another banner right now, and no way to change the font size for the description bit.

The game seems a little flaky about showing the banner, but I haven't heard of problems with the description field. Does restarting the server help?
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

I have restarted the server now a few times. The first couple didn't seem to help any. I will check now:)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

k. Also, do you have any special characters in it that might lead to problems? I am not sure what it allows for this.

(If it's not returning an error when the form is submitted, the game is claiming to be accepting it, though.)
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

Thanks Edge !

I'll just make another banner that better represents our interests. Agreed that the banner seems a bit "flaky" lol, but it's better than no banner at all. Did not really experiment with "restarting" the server, but players we know who were joining sometimes saw the banner AND text, sometimes only one, and sometimes none. There doesn't seem to be any kind of continuity here; just random occurrences. Honestly I'm just grateful our server shows up in the "servers" list. 8)

But things seem to be getting better; I heard this morning from one of our players that he was able to add our server to "favorites".

To Johnny, I am able to see both banner and description this morning; last night not the case. Only suggestion I can think of is make sure the banner 512x64 and .png file. Haven't really experimented with longer description, but plan to do so today.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Thanks guys, I will try both suggestions.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It sounds like the banner problems may be mostly on the client software side of the equation, then (I'd actually rather they be on the server, since that'd be an easier fix for DICe!). They might also be with the EA back-end for the game (Plasma).

Reportedly, favorites problems sometimes occur because the client has the beta installed, and uninstalling it might help. Also, using the "Recent" option in the lower-right corner of the screen can get you into servers quickly (much more quickly than reloading the server list).
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Interesting info Edge. I just now was able to see the server info, also my favorites began to work also! With both of these beginning to work at the same time for me, does it make sense that there was some sort of fix issued? Or would that require you to be involved?

Either way, things are getting better. Thanks to both of you for the help.

Now, I am working on getting that new admin-mod working.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It's quite possible that they fixed something with the EA backend, yep :).