Which BFBC2 RCON Tool

elemenopee
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Which BFBC2 RCON Tool

Post by elemenopee »

I have been using the Command Center and it seems to be running good so far and is updating daily. What i want to know is this: Is there an advantage to using the RCON admin tool created by combat studios? Can someone please explain the Daemon that has to run with RCONAdmin? It seems like excessive steps if it runs the same as the command center. Any info is appreciated. Thank You.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Which BFBC2 RCON Tool

Post by TimeX »

I haven't had a chance to look at those tools myself yet, however the general trend is that those that make use of a daemon installed on the server/machine itself are generally monitoring chat for logging purposes as well as to monitor for keywords to trigger rcon commands.

In a sense it may provide a means of accessing rcon indirectly from in game. The problem with a server/machine based daemon is that we would have to install and support it, and at this point none of the tools out there have settled down enough for us to look at supporting one of them. Heck, the game itself hasn't settled down yet either, which is also keeping us busy enough to evaluate any of the tools out there as well.
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

At least the daemons that are being released right now don't need to be run on the game server itself; they use rcon, like our "Server control" and "Easy setup" pages, so they can be run from anywhere :).

I'm considering whether to further enhance the system here to accept commands (kicking, banning, etc) through chat from admins that can be designated via the control panel. Combined with the facilities in the CP already, this would put us a little beyond what the 3rd party systems currently offer. But, I don't have as much time to maintain a system like that, so it might end up being more limited in the long run.
AstroZombie
A regular
A regular

Post by AstroZombie »

Honestly I'd rather use something designed by NFO. Yeah its not like HLSW but I appreciate the effort and due diligence that is put into NFO's control panel.

On that note would it be possible to add an option to the easy setup page that would add a delay between rounds? This would give team/side time to get kits selected their squads organized prior to the start of the round. Possibly give options of 30, 60, and 90 second delay.
"Frag the weak, hurdle the dead."
Good judgment comes from experience…and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
AstroZombie
A regular
A regular

Post by AstroZombie »

OH and nice to see Timex in the forums :mrgreen:
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I wish we could change round times/map times/delays but unfortunately the game does not expose variables that control these right now (we show all the variables it allows on the Easy setup page already). Maybe they will in a later build :)
AstroZombie
A regular
A regular

Post by AstroZombie »

Cool. I know Tactical Gamers 2142 servers had the delay like that was not sure if it was possible to do the same in BC2
Mike Rowe
A regular
A regular

Post by Mike Rowe »

Edge100x wrote:At least the daemons that are being released right now don't need to be run on the game server itself; they use rcon, like our "Server control" and "Easy setup" pages, so they can be run from anywhere :).

I'm considering whether to further enhance the system here to accept commands (kicking, banning, etc) through chat from admins that can be designated via the control panel. Combined with the facilities in the CP already, this would put us a little beyond what the 3rd party systems currently offer. But, I don't have as much time to maintain a system like that, so it might end up being more limited in the long run.
kick/ban would be amazing for someone like me who doesn't need anything fancy like bfbc2admin or cc. So I hope you could implement in the future!
Its a Dirty Job
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Ok. I'll try to work on some basics like these later in the week. It shouldn't be too hard to add a few simple commands.
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

Edge100x wrote:At least the daemons that are being released right now don't need to be run on the game server itself; they use rcon, like our "Server control" and "Easy setup" pages, so they can be run from anywhere :).

This would be great! One of the biggest things missing for me right now in this game is a way to give my admins kick/ban access without giving out rcon access. Hopefully you go this route! :)
Jack the Smack
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Jack the Smack »

Edge100x wrote:Ok. I'll try to work on some basics like these later in the week. It shouldn't be too hard to add a few simple commands.
When you add kick/ban/tell commands, can you make player names wildcard? For example:

If a player is called "xXxK1lla N1nj4xXx" could we type "K1ill" or "1nj4" and it will still select that player for the desired action?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

When you add kick/ban/tell commands, can you make player names wildcard? For example:
Nod, I think that's probably the only good way to do it in-game, since admin.listPlayers won't be available and the server requires that all kicks be done by name.