BC2 rcon tool

j0rd0n420
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BC2 rcon tool

Post by j0rd0n420 »

The new thing ya added to the control panel, will that let me see their responses or nothing for that yet?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: BC2 rcon tool

Post by Edge100x »

The interactive rcon tool? Yes, it will show anything that the server tells us about. Those things right now are:

player.onKill - Kill messages
player.onJoin - Who joins the server
player.onLeave - Who leaves the server
player.onChat - What anyone in the server is saying (any kind of chat)
punkBuster.onMessage - PB log messages
j0rd0n420
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by j0rd0n420 »

yay! thanks!
j0rd0n420
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by j0rd0n420 »

Not sure it's working, I saw no response, and its not saying when people leave or join (they have, I was refreshing the status tab in another window).
j0rd0n420
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by j0rd0n420 »

There it goes, I'm seeing it all now.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Great tool in the panel, thanks Edge. I too am just learning again...just takes perseverance!

Now, all I have to do is get my quad-core desktop back up. Man this game really takes some CPU power. I am playing on my laptop right now, although its a fast one, nowhere near what I need. Going to overclock my old q6600 up to 3GHz. Was going to buy a new i7 until I saw that they changed all the sockets around, and then would need ddr3 ram. Bah.
Dashit
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Dashit »

Johnny wrote:Great tool in the panel, thanks Edge. I too am just learning again...just takes perseverance!

Now, all I have to do is get my quad-core desktop back up. Man this game really takes some CPU power. I am playing on my laptop right now, although its a fast one, nowhere near what I need. Going to overclock my old q6600 up to 3GHz. Was going to buy a new i7 until I saw that they changed all the sockets around, and then would need ddr3 ram. Bah.
I made the jump from a Phenom2 940 to a I7 920.

Difference is night and day :) Do not hesitate in getting a I7 920

BC2 is a dream to play :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yup, I have the i7 920 too, and it runs great :). Gotta back up Dashit on that one.

The chips are still pricey, though. I bought mine a year or so ago and they haven't come down much at all over that time. Plus, the price of RAM has gone up.
AfflictedMed
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by AfflictedMed »

Hopefully the 930 coming will bring down the 920. I have a 1366 board ready and waiting for a price drop!
crazycracka
New to forums
New to forums

Post by crazycracka »

great upgrade thanks
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

What do you guys think about the new motherboards with regard to dual vs triple channel ram? From what I have read, I can't seem to find an advantage of one over the other...but I dont want to buy something that will be phased out.

Although it is unlikely that the dual channel will become obsolete any time soon, I would rather look to the future than wallow in the present if that makes any sense.

Also, you gotta love those intel guys. There are what, 2 or 3 new socket types for the new i-cores? So if you buy say an i5 you must upgrade the motherboard if you wish to purchase and use the i7.
maelstrom
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by maelstrom »

hey edge, is it possible for someone (eventually) to create an rcon tool that allows ingame chat monitoring? i just am hoping for the ability to see if people are complaining about a particular player so i can see how i can intervene and defuse or interdict the problem player...all without having to be playing in game (checking in on the road, etc). curious if that's feasible at all or not.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
maelstrom.nuclearfallout.net:19567
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Hey Mael,

I might be misunderstanding you, but I think what you are looking for has already been accomplished in the control panel, under "Server Control." You can monitor chat there, and interact with people.
maelstrom
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by maelstrom »

i just noticed that myself :) guess it wasn't working when i checked last night.

this is great, thanks everyone :D
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
maelstrom.nuclearfallout.net:19567
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Johnny wrote:What do you guys think about the new motherboards with regard to dual vs triple channel ram? From what I have read, I can't seem to find an advantage of one over the other...but I dont want to buy something that will be phased out.
The RAM itself is the same -- just the number of modules are different. The benchmarks haven't shown a big difference between the two, IIRC, so I don't think this one should be a major factor in the decision.

On the CPU, I'd recommend going with some flavor of i7. i5's are a bit low end and I suspect less future-proof.