Will NFO host the daemon for BFBC2 Admin Tool?

Dog_Pound
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Will NFO host the daemon for BFBC2 Admin Tool?

Post by Dog_Pound »

I saw you had a post up where you were asking for feedback on the three admin tools out there so wanted to add my comments on what my research is showing for best in class. The BFBC2 Admin tool seems to be the front runner in both amount of attention the creators are giving it and the community responses. It also looks to be the one that will give server operators the best controls as we can parcel out what access to give to which admins and simplifies in game commands for admins. I expect they will have a few patches to get to end state but even at this early stage, things are looking promising.

The question then would be is NFO considering hosting the daemon for this tool to be used on your servers?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Will NFO host the daemon for BFBC2 Admin Tool?

Post by Edge100x »

We will be considering hosting it or other daemons in the future once things have settled down, yes. It would take time and effort to add any separate tool to our system, so we'll want to make sure they have all their ducks in a row first.

For security reasons, it would need to be hosted on a different machine and do everything via rcon. It sounds like that's how they're currently doing things.

These guys got a leg up because they were given unauthorized access to game servers in the beta, if you're curious (I don't know who did it, though). Not that I particularly mind -- it's good to have an alternative that isn't (at least obviously) created by another RSP.
Nightware
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Nightware »

Edge100x wrote:We will be considering hosting it or other daemons in the future once things have settled down, yes. It would take time and effort to add any separate tool to our system, so we'll want to make sure they have all their ducks in a row first.

For security reasons, it would need to be hosted on a different machine and do everything via rcon. It sounds like that's how they're currently doing things.

These guys got a leg up because they were given unauthorized access to game servers in the beta, if you're curious (I don't know who did it, though). Not that I particularly mind -- it's good to have an alternative that isn't (at least obviously) created by another RSP.
So it won't be allowed to coexist on our rented server, like beetlesmod was, for example?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Beetlesmod and other mods/plugins run on the server itself and need to be linked into it. That's not the case with any of the BC2 admin tools, which all interact with the server via rcon. They don't need to be run on alongside the server or even on the same machine, so we wouldn't do that.
Nightware
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Nightware »

no additional cost for the daemon?

those of us with cod(mw) servers using admin-enabling tools like rconmax(MW) are already having to maintain an external machine monitoring chat etc.
It would be nice to get rid of that additional expense every month.