Tested: BC2 Guardian tool

Jack the Smack
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Tested: BC2 Guardian tool

Post by Jack the Smack »

Johnny wrote:I sent the map change bug into their support desk. I will await the fix. I expect things like this when a game company does feel it necessary to release a tool to control their own game.

Just an FYI....all the other admin tools have had fairly bad bugs. All of them will continue until everything is tested for a lengthy amount of time. I understand the frustration of a server crash, but given that my server and many, many others have crashed multiple times daily due to EA/DICE's poor planning, this bug doesn't really scare me.

Good luck finding a tool that fits your needs:)
I'm still using the tool, but i'm not touching that button.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Edge100x wrote:Right now it's something you'd have to run on your side, but I'm also working on a solution for in-game admin here, to supplement the rcon tool on the "Server control" page. It will allow giving basic (configurable) admin access to designated players, such as the ability to kick or ban disruptive players and to progress to the next map.
Sounds like a plan!
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Question guys, is there a way to restrict panel access?
Like to make sure people don't change the game type, map rotation, server settings when using this tools?
I just want to make sure people don't screw up...the ones with admins.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

As it currently stands, you could restrict people to only having the Server control page or only having the Easy setup page, but that's as far as it goes. When I have the in-game admin things ready, that will be more flexible (in-game).
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Note on Guardian release v1.2010.314.2310:

It seems that with every other release of this tool when items are added, there are number of bugs (although this is to be expected). The current version has a number of neat new functions, but it looks as if some of the code is broken for the older options such as defining the admin levels and exactly what each level of admin has access to.

I think that Jack noted the problems with map changing on an earlier version. Be careful assigning admin privileges on this one...it looks as if it might crash the program, server or both. I am not quite sure yet.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Will there be a team balancer introduced in this game?
I am annoyed at looking at teams like: 8 vs 12 or or 16 vs 12.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It has one, but it's not very good. Improving it is something that DICE will be working on.
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

Does anyone know how to get that onjoin message that the guardian uses, without using the guardian tool? I like the idea of it, but i hate how it says Guardian before the text output.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Our in-game admin tool will support delayed on-join messages. It should be ready for initial beta testing today or tomorrow.
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

Edge100x wrote:Our in-game admin tool will support delayed on-join messages. It should be ready for initial beta testing today or tomorrow.
Sounds good, can't wait! :)
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Edge100x wrote:Our in-game admin tool will support delayed on-join messages. It should be ready for initial beta testing today or tomorrow.

Do you ever sleep my brother? ;)

I know I speak for all of us with BFBC2 servers when I offer a heartfelt THANK YOU for all the hard work and endless support you have given for this challenging release.

It is so very much appreciated. I too, cannot wait to try out the new admin tool.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »