Tested: BC2 Guardian tool

Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Tested: BC2 Guardian tool

Post by Johnny »

Well, I have to say this one looks later in the dev stage than the BFBCadmin that I had been using. One program, (unlike running client and daemon) with many more options with a much more user-friendly interface.

Check out particulars here:

http://g4g.pl/bc2guardian
Syph
A regular
A regular

Re: Tested: BC2 Guardian tool

Post by Syph »

Have you gotten this thing to work?

I have tried without success. It appears that I have all the information to login to the server. (The emailed ip address with port, the rcon pass, default rcon port of 48888 and the server name) but I always get a "Failed to connect to game server"

What am I doing wrong?
Syph
A regular
A regular

Post by Syph »

Ah never mind just got it to work, I removed the port from the IP address and volia.

Thanks! 8)
Jack the Smack
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Jack the Smack »

I downloaded this and I have the option of removing swear word censors. Is this allowed by EA in a ranked server, to remove the censors?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

There isn't a documented option in the game to do that, so the option in their client might be wishful thinking on their part.

Here is the full set of server commands and variables, as of version R5 (obtained through rcon command "help"). Many still don't work:

Code: Select all

admin.banIP
admin.banPlayer
admin.clearIPBanList
admin.clearPlayerBanList
admin.currentLevel
admin.getPlaylist
admin.getPlaylists
admin.kickPlayer
admin.listIPBans
admin.listPlayerBans
admin.listPlayers
admin.nextLevel
admin.restartMap
admin.runNextLevel
admin.runScript
admin.setPlaylist
admin.supportedMaps
admin.unbanIP
admin.unbanPlayer
admin.yell
eventsEnabled
help
login.hashed
login.plainText
logout
mapList.append
mapList.clear
mapList.list
mapList.load
mapList.remove
mapList.save
punkBuster.pb_sv_command
quit
reservedSlots.addPlayer
reservedSlots.clear
reservedSlots.list
reservedSlots.load
reservedSlots.removePlayer
reservedSlots.save
serverInfo
vars.3dSpotting
vars.adminPassword
vars.bannerUrl
vars.crossHair
vars.currentPlayerLimit
vars.friendlyFire
vars.gamePassword
vars.hardCore
vars.killCam
vars.maxPlayerLimit
vars.miniMap
vars.miniMapSpotting
vars.playerLimit
vars.punkBuster
vars.rankLimit
vars.ranked
vars.serverDescription
vars.teamBalance
vars.thirdPersonVehicleCameras
version
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Syph wrote:Ah never mind just got it to work, I removed the port from the IP address and volia.

Thanks! 8)

Had the exact same problem.

Glad you got it. Currently between the Guardian and NFO control panel, I am able to control most things.

Have you tried the in game commands with the guardian running? Do they work? This is by far the thing I am awaiting the most, being able to play and admin at the same time:) I am a patient sole though!
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

*Patient soul. Arg, can't edit post lol.
Dashit
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Dashit »

so this lil rcon thing....(stupid question i know) Do WE as admins have to put this on the server to get it to run? Or is this a thing we let NFo about?

Like I said im the noob admin
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Right now it's something you'd have to run on your side, but I'm also working on a solution for in-game admin here, to supplement the rcon tool on the "Server control" page. It will allow giving basic (configurable) admin access to designated players, such as the ability to kick or ban disruptive players and to progress to the next map.
Dashit
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Dashit »

Thanks for the heads up
Syph
A regular
A regular

Post by Syph »

Johnny wrote:
Have you tried the in game commands with the guardian running? Do they work? This is by far the thing I am awaiting the most, being able to play and admin at the same time:) I am a patient sole though!
Yes I have tried them, and they work beautifully! The only thing is it doesn't have an in-game command as far as I am aware to change the level, so you still have to alt-tab out and do that manually. But as far as kicking/baning/yelling go it works nicely 8)

I am very interested to see NFO add this kind of support automatically. Right now making sure the client is running all the time to have admins that don't have access to everything is a bit of a pain... but for a 1st month of BC2 I can live with it.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Syph wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Yes I have tried them, and they work beautifully! The only thing is it doesn't have an in-game command as far as I am aware to change the level, so you still have to alt-tab out and do that manually. But as far as kicking/baning/yelling go it works nicely 8)

I am very interested to see NFO add this kind of support automatically. Right now making sure the client is running all the time to have admins that don't have access to everything is a bit of a pain... but for a 1st month of BC2 I can live with it.

Syph,

So as long as the client is running, the in-game commands will work? (ie @say Hello!)
Also, for this to work, I have to enter in the "Nick" of the player under whichever admin heading I would like, like "Superadmin"?

I have a number of computers running here at home. I figured I would just run the client on one and then play on my gaming comp for right now.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Just downloaded the newest update for Guardian today. They have made a nice addition:

Welcome message: When player joins, they see the message you type.

There is a bug however in assigning privileges to admin levels. This is the only bug I have found thus far.

All in all, this tool continues to forge ahead of the others. I tried the in game functions and they do as Syph indicated, work beautifully.
Jack the Smack
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Jack the Smack »

The Run Next Map button crashed the server it was controlling. Only time I ever used it and wont use it again.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

I sent the map change bug into their support desk. I will await the fix. I expect things like this when a game company does feel it necessary to release a tool to control their own game.

Just an FYI....all the other admin tools have had fairly bad bugs. All of them will continue until everything is tested for a lengthy amount of time. I understand the frustration of a server crash, but given that my server and many, many others have crashed multiple times daily due to EA/DICE's poor planning, this bug doesn't really scare me.

Good luck finding a tool that fits your needs:)