BFBC2 Kill cam, squad cam

Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BFBC2 Kill cam, squad cam

Post by Johnny »

I have kill cam set to off, as it is my opinion that it's kind of silly to reward someone who dies by giving the position of their adversary. I understand people feel differently.

However, it was brought to my attention that there might be a "squad cam". Since I can find no settings for it, should I infer that both these cams are linked?
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: BFBC2 Kill cam, squad cam

Post by Johnny »

I take it nobody has any information on the "squad cam" or if it is, as someone suggested tied to "kill cam"?

I for one, have never seen the squad cam. Can anyone provide any information?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I have no idea on this one. I haven't had much chance to actually play the game, since I've been so absorbed with their server issues :|
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Edge100x wrote:I have no idea on this one. I haven't had much chance to actually play the game, since I've been so absorbed with their server issues :|

I can only imagine the headaches that you have gone through with this release! Do you sometimes, in the very back of your mind, wish you had waited to become a host for BFBC2? Have there been more problems with this game than the others when you began hosting them?

Now, I know that everything will get ironed out eventually. However, trying to help people with a problem that has "really" NOTHING to do with things that you can control has to be challenging.

Cheers brother, keep up the great work:)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Johnny wrote:Do you sometimes, in the very back of your mind, wish you had waited to become a host for BFBC2? Have there been more problems with this game than the others when you began hosting them?
There have definitely been more problems with this game than with others. In recent memory, the L4D games were generally smooth, TF2 was smooth, and all of the CoD-series games were smooth.

But, this is just something that we have to suck up as a GSP. It comes with the territory :). Hopefully there will be lessons learned on the DICE/EA side that will make the next rollout smoother.
Now, I know that everything will get ironed out eventually. However, trying to help people with a problem that has "really" NOTHING to do with things that you can control has to be challenging.
Aye, it is very, very frustrating to get hundreds of support requests every day all asking about the same bugs in the game and master server issues that we can't control. I really wish that we could.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Yup, I have noticed that frequently, people ask the same questions about the server problems. I hope that others don't think that I am in any way being mean, but if a search was done, most have already been answered.

Is there a way you could do a BFBC2 FAQ for people who have questions? Since this game does have so many problems, might this ease your problem of answering the same questions over and over?

Just a thought.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We have the KB set up with posts that talk about all the bugs and several other common issues, but since it's so easy to contact us directly about any concern, that's what people tend to do :).

It's OK, though. We'll get through it. Answering help requests just slows me down a bit in rolling out new features to the control panel (and with other work).