R6 revision for BFBC2

Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

R6 revision for BFBC2

Post by Johnny »

Just a quick question:

After reading all the great info you posted, would you recommend that if we currently have PB disable and are running a ranked server, that we continue to keep it this way? My questions stems from the statement by DICE about their update coming tonight.

If I am understanding correctly, the PB fix will be issued tonight with the back end update from them? If this is the case, then I suppose we should keep PB disabled?

Sorry for yet another question.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: R6 revision for BFBC2

Post by Johnny »

I found this, on the twitter page...

http://twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2/statuses/10221464834

So they have to update our servers, then their hardware tonight, or is everything happening right now?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

DICE was worried that servers would crash / kick players during the maintenance because PB wouldn't be able to connect to the back-end (Plasma). With the R6 update today, they say they have modified the code so that it doesn't have issues with back-end disconnections, allowing you to safely keep PB enabled/re-enable it.

The "PB INIT failure" messages were caused by the same problem (the EA back-end is pretty flaky right now) and R6 should fix that, too.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Great news,

I will re-enable PB and restart the server then.

Thank you.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

The r6 revision did it's job fixing the PB init failure. However, and this is just to provide information to the other server renters, that I am still getting random server clears (everyone is booted) about every 4 hours or so. I restart the server and people seem to be able to join again.

I know this has been happening to others, just wanted to let them know to not expect the R6 to solve this yet.
Dashit
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Dashit »

Yea it happened last night before the Maintenance.

Not sure since the R6 update, ill let you know and ill keep monitoring it.

So far all seems good with PB enabled
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Johnny wrote:The r6 revision did it's job fixing the PB init failure. However, and this is just to provide information to the other server renters, that I am still getting random server clears (everyone is booted) about every 4 hours or so. I restart the server and people seem to be able to join again.

I know this has been happening to others, just wanted to let them know to not expect the R6 to solve this yet.
Do the server clears come with PB messages, or do you think they're just EA backend-related?

If they're from the back-end, hopefully last night's maintenance fixed things, at least a little.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Edge100x wrote:
Johnny wrote:The r6 revision did it's job fixing the PB init failure. However, and this is just to provide information to the other server renters, that I am still getting random server clears (everyone is booted) about every 4 hours or so. I restart the server and people seem to be able to join again.

Do the server clears come with PB messages, or do you think they're just EA backend-related?

If they're from the back-end, hopefully last night's maintenance fixed things, at least a little.
It does not appear that the crashes/server clears are associated with PB at all, at least from what I am seeing. Can any other server owners confirm? I would hate to provide misleading information.

I will monitor as best I can so to acquire more detailed and accurate information. However, before the R6 update, with PB disabled, I had the server crashes/clears which may be indicative of the back-end problem you discussed? I hope I am making my reasoning clear..sometimes I do not;)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That falls in line with what I thought, then. DICE has said that every crash they look at seems to have a different cause. At least one cause (PB) seems to be taken care of now.
AfflictedMed
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by AfflictedMed »

We also been having random disconnects of the entire server. The warning box says to check your internet connection, and then the server is unavailable for a time. Figured it was connected to the overloaded EA master servers.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Update:

Our server was just cleared/dumped/crashed at 3:48pm PST. It had been running beautifully for the last 10 hours or so with a full server. Also, around the same time, I tried to LOG IN to play, and it gave me the "Connection to EA failed".

I don't think this is coincidence at all. I think this is the issue.

ARGG.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Yup, just checked the logs. All players lost connection at the exact same time.

Good times!~ Still can't log in!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yup, that one a little before 4pm PST affected servers everywhere. It was another back-end glitch: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt ... 0-gmt.html
Mike Rowe
A regular
A regular

Post by Mike Rowe »

me and everyone i know lost their friends list and no one can connect to my server :?
Its a Dirty Job
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

From kalms' post, it sounds like it might be a continuing problem, until they get it fixed.