VOIP in BC2

disconnect
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

VOIP in BC2

Post by disconnect »

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has VOIP problems in their BC2 servers? Is this a known game issue, or is their something going on in my server? Voice chat isn't working for the most part. It seems intermittent when you use voice activated, push-to-talk doesn't seem to work at all

Thanks

Disconnect
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: VOIP in BC2

Post by Edge100x »

Voice chat definitely has a lot of bugs in it right now, and DICE has told us that it's something they're working on. I'll update our bug list with it :)
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

Thanks for the info
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

Voice chat was working on our server then we were kicked lol.
I was shocked to hear it working.
WackyIraqi
A regular
A regular

Post by WackyIraqi »

it angers me that there is no microphone or similar icon that pops up when transmitting so you never know if your comms are going through.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Quite frankly, the entire interface for this game was poorly designed/planned. I agree wholeheartedly that this and some other issues need patched in the future. I have heard one person, intermittently, use the VOIP once since release. It has failed miserably.
CrAzD
New to forums
New to forums

Post by CrAzD »

WackyIraqi wrote:it angers me that there is no microphone or similar icon that pops up when transmitting so you never know if your comms are going through.
Actually if it is working there is an icon, looks like your sound icon if you use windows.
CrAzD
New to forums
New to forums

Post by CrAzD »

Johnny wrote:Quite frankly, the entire interface for this game was poorly designed/planned. I agree wholeheartedly that this and some other issues need patched in the future. I have heard one person, intermittently, use the VOIP once since release. It has failed miserably.
Mine works about 15-20% of the time, which is piss poor but shit happens. If you knew anything about game development you would be understanding about it all; but not wanting to get into a flame war on here, would like bad all around, I'll end it right there.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

While not wanting to start a "flame war" you seem to have posted in a manner that could put me or someone else on the defensive. ("If you knew anything about...")

I will not continue a post after this, but I do know something of software development, and if you read my posts, I have really been light on criticism. I do, as many other people feel that the EA/DICE did not use the "beta" to do much of anything but bring money in from pre-ordering.

I have been around for some bad releases, but this one approaches the acme. I can overlook a lot of things, but basic functionality, I cannot.

Cheers.
CrAzD
New to forums
New to forums

Post by CrAzD »

Johnny wrote:While not wanting to start a "flame war" you seem to have posted in a manner that could put me or someone else on the defensive. ("If you knew anything about...")

I will not continue a post after this, but I do know something of software development, and if you read my posts, I have really been light on criticism. I do, as many other people feel that the EA/DICE did not use the "beta" to do much of anything but bring money in from pre-ordering.

I have been around for some bad releases, but this one approaches the acme. I can overlook a lot of things, but basic functionality, I cannot.

Cheers.
That's why I said "I'll stop right here" ;)

Beta was for stress testing and that was it. This is one of the best releases I've been to, I've been at releases since Anarchy Online and BY FAR WoW has been the worse releases I personally have seen.

Things get pushed back, would you rather have a non playable game, AT ALL, or a playable game with some broken functions. You NEVER EVER EVER have enough time with games and that's the simple truth, yes this game could have used an addition month or two to polish the UI and basic functions but when you're a game developer and the people with money say jump you jump it's that simple.
Syph
A regular
A regular

Post by Syph »

^Single biggest problem in software development.
It's a very hard releasing a working non buggy program that is released on time. I have never seen any program come close to "bug free" on release day.

The Big thing is how much support a company does after release day that determines the quality of their software. Most if not all people in the software should understand the importance of support.

In EA's case I hope they take a page out of valves book and follow their lead and standard they have set for supporting games after all the money comes in. OH I and hope to god they don't follow IW after that whole MW2 debacle.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Syph wrote:^Single biggest problem in software development.
It's a very hard releasing a working non buggy program that is released on time. I have never seen any program come close to "bug free" on release day.

The Big thing is how much support a company does after release day that determines the quality of their software. Most if not all people in the software should understand the importance of support.

In EA's case I hope they take a page out of valves book and follow their lead and standard they have set for supporting games after all the money comes in. OH I and hope to god they don't follow IW after that whole MW2 debacle.

Agreed.

I think the main thing with any business, including the software business is communication. People just want to know that their concerns are being listened to and that someone is aware, working on a fix.