BFBC2 map cycle

Syph
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BFBC2 map cycle

Post by Syph »

I can't tell if it was R7 or the daemon client but does anyone else notice that that map cycle is all out of wack now? It seems to get randomly hung up on one map or exclude one all together.

Not sure what the cause of it is but it's bloody annoying playing only 1 of the maps over and over or missing out on atacama desert and going right back to valipariso
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: NFO Admin daemon beta (BFBC2)

Post by TimeX »

The map rotations have been a bit wacky as some reported, but often its just a case of one or more of the maps in the rotation not being supported by the current game mode.

You can safely list maps other than what is supported by the current game mode, but the server will ignore any such maps in the rotation. There is an option in the control panel right below where you select the game mode that you can click on to see which maps are supported by which game modes.
TimeX
Syph
A regular
A regular

Re: BFBC2 map cycle

Post by Syph »

Yeah I know about selecting the correct maps for the given game type, but it still gets all out of whack sometimes.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The game also has some known bugs with the mapcycle that DICE is working on. We'll have a workaround in place for this soon through our custom mapcycle editor, which will interface with our daemon to track what is being played and change the game type and map on the fly.
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

Ours gets stuck on one map only : Nelson Bay

admin.runNextLevel keepin' us busy :D
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

Edge100x wrote:The game also has some known bugs with the mapcycle that DICE is working on. We'll have a workaround in place for this soon through our custom mapcycle editor, which will interface with our daemon to track what is being played and change the game type and map on the fly.

That's excellent news.. thanks for all your hard work; I'm sure it's keeping ya hoppin'...
Syph
A regular
A regular

Post by Syph »

PowersGaming wrote:
Edge100x wrote:The game also has some known bugs with the mapcycle that DICE is working on. We'll have a workaround in place for this soon through our custom mapcycle editor, which will interface with our daemon to track what is being played and change the game type and map on the fly.

That's excellent news.. thanks for all your hard work; I'm sure it's keeping ya hoppin'...
Indeed! Amazing support you guys have :D
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

If you do figure out how to change gametype on the fly please let me know, it would be nice to be able to go from Rush to Conquest then back to Rush.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Currently this is doable by changing the mapcycle on the "Easy setup" page, then using !nextmap in-game. What I am working towards is essentially an automation of this that keeps only one map in the cycle and automatically updates that cycle to a new one as soon as it is loaded (this will also fix the game's occasional problem of loading the wrong map). It will use a custom "advanced" control on the Easy setup page, in place of the mapcycle option that is currently available there.
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

Edge100x wrote:What I am working towards is essentially an automation of this that keeps only one map in the cycle and automatically updates that cycle to a new one as soon as it is loaded (this will also fix the game's occasional problem of loading the wrong map). It will use a custom "advanced" control on the Easy setup page, in place of the mapcycle option that is currently available there.
Will we at some point be able to blend both Rush and Conquest in our map rotation ?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

PowersGaming wrote:Will we at some point be able to blend both Rush and Conquest in our map rotation ?
Yes, that is something that I am working on (unfortunately there have just been a ton of other things grabbing my attention at the end of this month).

For instance, you might set up your cycle to play levels/mp_001 on Conquest, then levels/mp_002 on Rush, then levels/mp_003 on Conquest, and so on, in any order.