Which Game Mode are you running in BC2 ?

PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Which Game Mode are you running in BC2 ?

Post by PowersGaming »

Just curious to find out which Game Mode you're running, and what effect each has had on server population. Also, which Game Mode do you prefer to play on as a player, and why.

Rush is what we're currently running; seems to be more fast paced, and easier for newcomers to figure out, as you're basically attacking (or defending) from one direction.

Conquest feels like more running around imo; ie you lose a flag and then you run back over there to take it back, then you lose another, and run back over there. This creates a lot of "cross traffic", which generates more campers and snipers all over the place. Perhaps there are too many flags ? I remember in BF:1942 I think there were basically two home bases at either end of the maps, and two flags in between. Just seems like a much simpler equation, with less confusion, but that's just my opinion.
Chenzo
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Which Game Mode are you running in BC2 ?

Post by Chenzo »

We've been switching back and forth every 5 or 6 days. (Can't wait for that map/mode rotation tool, Edge is working on.)

Conquest is the 'classic' BF mode. What people seem to fail to do in it is DEFEND flags. (hence all your running around.) Plus, you HAVE to move into the flag zone. (As opposed to the mcoms where you can just shell the crap outta it from a distance...) Quite a few of my members prefer conquest.

But Rush IS a nice change of pace... I like the fact that it 'resets' every time the 2 com stations are blown up, giving the defenders a second chance to get set up and hold off the attackers.

But, as I said, we've been switching it back and forth between the two modes.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

We use to run Conquest but switch to Rush mode, people like Rush cause its a bit easier and you can gain more points. I like both modes just wish had more tickets in Conquest mode.
CrAzD
New to forums
New to forums

Post by CrAzD »

I switch it every other map, makes it sooooo much more fun and yes while it's full.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

CrAzD wrote:I switch it every other map, makes it sooooo much more fun and yes while it's full.
I would give this a try if i could find more info on how to do it without having to mess with cpanel.
Shekky
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Shekky »

Our Clan runs Hardcore Rush and a Squad Deathmatch servers.
merc248
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by merc248 »

I run a hardcore rush server and a hardcore conquest server.

As soon as we can mix gamemodes together through the NFO admin daemon, I'll be switching both servers to mixed hardcore rush/conquest.