BC2 Hidden Server Slots?

bacon
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BC2 Hidden Server Slots?

Post by bacon »

So a clan member asked me a question today, which would actually be pretty cool if there were a way to do it (there is on source but who knows with BC2's Engine).
Is it possible to have hidden server slots?

I wouldn't mind chipping in to add a few reserved slots to the server, but I wouldn't want them to be visible. So like as far as anyone can tell it'll stay a 24-slot server, but we'd have 8 reserve slots so we could always get on...ya dig?
Now my guess was "No" but with all the things NFO manages I'm more inclined to *possibly*.

Thanks.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: BC2 Hidden Server Slots?

Post by Edge100x »

Right now, BC2 just supports the one type of reserved slots -- where any player with a reserved slot has it exclusively reserved for him, and the amount of players that the server advertises it can hold is reduced by one. So if you give 8 players a reserved slot on a 32-slot server, you'll be left with what clients see as a 24-slot server, most of the time, that looks larger if there are reserved players in it.
bacon
New to forums
New to forums

Post by bacon »

So server slots right now are supposed to be hidden? For the couple days we used them the server wouldn't go over 16 if our reserve slots weren't full (which is explained in the control panel) but it would show 16/24. :\

Ahwell, hopefully we get more options after the game has been out for a bit longer. :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Actually, I think you're right, that they're not hidden (it would be much better if they were).