BC2 Server FULL after R10 !

PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BC2 Server FULL after R10 !

Post by PowersGaming »

Woke up this morning to discover that our BC2 Dallas Public 30 was completely full... :D ( It's been empty for awhile ). Looking at the graph, it filled up soon after the R10 install.

Anybody else experiencing the same thing ?

Have any ideas as to what (in R10) could have caused this ?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: BC2 Server FULL after R10 !

Post by Edge100x »

We were the first GSP to roll R10, so that helped :). I was testing by joining servers after the roll-out, and the only ones in the list were ours. I found that after I joined an empty server, clients would start packing in after just a few minutes.

Now that everyone else has updated, it might slow down a bit, but since the browser is much better now (it does actual pings, and it's a lot faster), that should put our servers regularly near the top.
Syph
A regular
A regular

Post by Syph »

Ive had the opposite so far. As it seems the favorites saved pre-update no longer work correctly and as such zero traffic so far. But hopefully once I get a couple ppl in it will go back to how it was...
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

R10 has messed up favorites, our servers are greyed out in everyones favorite lists so they look offline. When you try to re-add them, it keeps adding the same one over and over.

Our normally packed servers have been empty since the roll out essentially.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

DICE made a major mistake with the way the favorites list is handled and is releasing server version R11 to fix it -- but unfortunately clients will still have to rebuild their favorites lists with R11, as well.

We're currently testing R11 and if is solid we will start updating all empty servers.
Dashit
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Dashit »

Damn wish mine was....my server is still dead as a door nail.

Ill give it 1 or 2 more days, but thats about it.

Not sure what else I could do
merc248
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by merc248 »

I've had a bunch of people early this morning. And then it was empty at around 8 AM today.

Maybe everyone tried to pull out their fancy hacks. :D
Dashit
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Dashit »

My servers ping is STILL not showing up in the list.

I see all these other NFo servers on top with a low ping. Even the NFo San jose one, but mine always shows no ping and is never on top :/....I honestly don't think EA/DICE has no idea whats going on.

ONLY thing I could think is it has something to do with the internap....but like I said I see other NFo servers popup.

It might be early, but I think its time for a shot of whiskey
Syph
A regular
A regular

Post by Syph »

Man that's brutal they way they handled the server favorites. Luckily some of our regulars remembered the name or remembered parts of the name to find us again. Although it remains to be seen whether the client base we had will ever finds its way back....

On the bright side once I got a few ppl in it went to full capacity in no time.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

R11 is supposed to have fixed the favorites problem so that old clients with old favorites entries can find them again :). If you're not running R11, restarting your server should result in it being applied.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

Both of our servers are jammed packed. :lol:
Zicious
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Zicious »

My server is still empty, but it seems like you need a few people to help seed it. So far R10/R11 looks promising. I still can't get over how many players play on a terrible performing server just because it's already full.

A couple of things to consider if your server is still empty, while I was checking out how many servers I could pull up with the new browser etc I found:

Over 10200 servers! If we assume that ALL of these servers are only 16 player max (which we know is not the case) that's still over 160,000 player slots. These are all GSP servers too. Considering nothing pulls up when you check the EA Server filter. I would wager we've only seen at max 60,000 players on at any given day. So there are a ton of empty servers out there right now. Unless you can seed or already have a good loyal player-base. It'll be difficult to fill the server up until some of these GSP servers get cancelled/shutdown.

-Z
jasonelmore
A regular
A regular

Post by jasonelmore »

Our server is showing greyed out in the server browser, yet it's almost full.

I have applied the patch to my game, but cannot join the server.

any idea's?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you're still on R10, that's why. R10 has a bug in it that makes servers not show up properly in favorites lists.

To upgrade to R11, you likely just need to restart it (our system will see it empty right away and apply the update).
j0rd0n420
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by j0rd0n420 »

http://battletracker.com/index.php?page ... 8ace36d018

To many servers, not enough players. :(