BC2 Support for “region” setting

disconnect
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BC2 Support for “region” setting

Post by disconnect »

Hello,

Is the region setting that i am seeing in the control panel new? I was trying to figure out why my traffic seems to have been cut in half since R10/R11 when I saw this setting. I dont remember seeing it before.

Cheers,

Disconnect
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: BC2 Support for “region” setting

Post by Edge100x »

The region setting appeared after version R9 on the server, and in version R7 (the last release) of the client. DICE requires us to enter the actual location of the server there and we are not allowed to let customers change it.
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

I just find this really bizarre, our servers will 24/7 packed since the game launched. Since this update, we struggle to fill them in the evening and it seems impossible during the day. Something HAS to of changed somewhere. It's like we're not on the "play now" list at all or something.

...very weird
merc248
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by merc248 »

Same here with both of my servers.

If I were to guess, it's probably because players cannot accumulate score until there's at least 4 players in the game. To be honest, I end up getting a population just by having one or two people screw around and capture points while unlocking various weapons and whatnot; not having the score incentive there would likely drive people out faster than if there was one in place.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Overall, player numbers here seem to be about the same following R10/R11 as before the patches -- possibly even a bit higher. The day R10+R11 was released, it was much busier than usual; now it has backed off a bit, but it's still strong. Gone is the large usage hump that we were seeing around noon PDT, though, formerly from EU players.

We haven't yet been able to determine how "Play now" chooses, but it does not appear to relate to server uptime or version.
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

Normally we could easily see our servers once we had 4 - 8 of us in it. Tonight, it literally took about an hour to fill it and we STARTED off with 8 of us joining. In the past, if 8 of us joined, it would fill within 5 minutes lol. Shame those days seem to be gone for no apparent reason. Ah well, we'll keep on trying.