Tickets in my BF server

whutdufuk
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Tickets in my BF server

Post by whutdufuk »

Count down slower than an old man walks up stairs... I noticed there was some ticket mod command in my server.exec, but I didn't wanna touch it for fear that I would mess something up. I know that my lan server doesn't have this lame ticker thing, so what gives?

whutdufuk.nuclearfallout.net:14567
whutdufuk
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by whutdufuk »

Oh, and I can't get the admin system to work either, and yes John, I checked out the faq this time :lol:
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

There's likely a variable in serversettings.con for that. I would recommend that you change some of the settings and see if they fix it.

objectiveAttackerTicketsMod is a new variable from one of the recent bf1942 releases. I'm still not sure what it does.

I'm confident that the method described in the FAQ for executing server commands is correct. Are you certain that you're following it to the letter? For instance, are you using quotation marks correctly?
whutdufuk
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by whutdufuk »

I know I look like and idiot, and I'm sure I sound like an idiot, but I definatly know how to use quotes correctly. My girlfriend is standing in my room naked and is worried that I am typing that.

Anyway, I'll mess around with it, it really isn't a big deal.

Adios fools.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The reason I asked is that you were/are not using quotes correctly in AdminSettings.cfg. That is, you aren't using them.
whutdufuk
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by whutdufuk »

whutdufuk wrote:I know I look like and idiot, and I'm sure I sound like an idiot, but I definatly know how to use quotes correctly.

I suppose this is the part where my face turns red or whatnot. However, I had it quoted until my clan mate Xylicon messed with the configs to set it up for something... oh well, thanks for looking into it, and sorry for the continual bothering.

Edit: Yeah, he added that stuff... so he could use a third party program to execute commands.

Thanks again, and hopefully I can stop bothering you now.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That might not even be the cause -- I'm just trying to cover the possibilities ;)
whutdufuk
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by whutdufuk »

Well... yeah..

In any event, the third party program makes life easier... so I am sitting pretty. And I see you charged me sooooo life is in order.

Cheers.