Crysis 2 Pre-order question

Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Crysis 2 Pre-order question

Post by Clay52 »

Edge, any chance I can change an existing server over to a pre-order Crysis 2? I see that's not possible when I attempt to make a change on the order page, but let me know otherwise I'll just start a new one. I have an existing BC2 that's not attracting much at all and wish to change that to Crysis 2 if possible, thanks a bunch.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Crysis 2 Pre-order question

Post by Clay52 »

Also, is it possible to change a server identifier after the fact? I'm not yet set on any particular one and want to pre-order now and if need be change it a bit later on, thanks again.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You should be able to change the server into Crysis2 as soon as the game is released and we are able to put up servers. It can't be changed into a preorder, though.

Game, voice, and webhosting identifiers can be changed, yep. Just contact us directly if you need us to do one of those for you.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:You should be able to change the server into Crysis2 as soon as the game is released and we are able to put up servers. It can't be changed into a preorder, though.

Game, voice, and webhosting identifiers can be changed, yep. Just contact us directly if you need us to do one of those for you.
Understood on the pre-order deal. It's interesting to note, that my BC2 server is set to deactivate on the 21st, but the Crysis 2 will be release do the 22nd :P I'm very much looking forward to Crysis 2 and the potential it offers for multiplayer.

Good to know on the identifier change, will be in touch soon on that one. Once again, thanks Edge for continued superior service as always!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

:)
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

I'm up and running on the demo and I see that NFOservers.com has a few servers running, saw one in Dallas? What is the ETA for us, March 22nd or thereabouts?
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Clay52 wrote:I'm up and running on the demo and I see that NFOservers.com has a few servers running, saw one in Dallas? What is the ETA for us, March 22nd or thereabouts?
Just out of curiosity, why is it again that we cannot run the beta at this time?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

EA/Crytek is not letting anyone rent servers out for the demo.

We have 80-something servers up across the US for the demo right now, so more than a few :P
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:EA/Crytek is not letting anyone rent servers out for the demo.

We have 80-something servers up across the US for the demo right now, so more than a few :P
Screw EA, nah just kidding but yeah I figured as much on the servers but out of 2467 possible in the browser, it's hard to spot them all :)
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Clay52 wrote:
Edge100x wrote:EA/Crytek is not letting anyone rent servers out for the demo.

Screw EA, nah just kidding but yeah I figured as much on the servers but out of 2467 possible in the browser, it's hard to spot them all :)
Forgot to add, are they going to cap the players at 16 or perhaps up that in the near future or would one necessarily want to, ala L4D2?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Clay52 wrote:Screw EA, nah just kidding but yeah I figured as much on the servers but out of 2467 possible in the browser, it's hard to spot them all :)
Yes, unfortunately the ping in the browser is broken, so it's harder to pick out the good ones. It should let you search by name to see all of ours, though.
Forgot to add, are they going to cap the players at 16 or perhaps up that in the near future or would one necessarily want to, ala L4D2?
I think that their maps are balanced for 6 on 6 (or less). I wouldn't think that they would bump it up in the near future, but I can only speculate, as there's no official word.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:
Clay52 wrote:Screw EA, nah just kidding but yeah I figured as much on the servers but out of 2467 possible in the browser, it's hard to spot them all :)
Yes, unfortunately the ping in the browser is broken, so it's harder to pick out the good ones. It should let you search by name to see all of ours, though.
I think that their maps are balanced for 6 on 6 (or less). I wouldn't think that they would bump it up in the near future, but I can only speculate, as there's no official word.
Good info and makes sense. btw Edge, what in the hell is with all of the waiting once joined? I just came out of a server that had 12 and it never started the match, people coming and going, just seems ridiculous IMHO.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Clay52 wrote:Good info and makes sense. btw Edge, what in the hell is with all of the waiting once joined? I just came out of a server that had 12 and it never started the match, people coming and going, just seems ridiculous IMHO.
Just to add, it wasn't an NFO server ;)
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Clay52 wrote:
Clay52 wrote:Good info and makes sense. btw Edge, what in the hell is with all of the waiting once joined? I just came out of a server that had 12 and it never started the match, people coming and going, just seems ridiculous IMHO.
Just to add, it wasn't an NFO server ;)
Ok, I'm alt tabbed out, in a NFO Dallas server and players keep coming and going at times there are at least 10, what is the criteria/protocol for the match to begin?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Right now, there's a bug in Crysis 2 that prevents matches from starting much of the time. Try different servers for now, and if that doesn't work, just hope they fix it soon =\.