Crysis 2 Server Admin tools

spideranged
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Crysis 2 Server Admin tools

Post by spideranged »

Still hoping something is gonna come along soon for remote admin and some added functionality. If anybody hears anything related to testing or development of such apps please let me know. 8)
riuthamus
A regular
A regular

Post by riuthamus »

Some guy claims to have one on the Cry2 forum, i hit him up on pm but he wants me to login to xfire and some other personal info. I was afraid he might be a hacker since i offered to talk in other places but he wouldnt. I dont trust shit from random sources!!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Crysis 2 doesn't support remote logging yet, which makes remote control pretty toothless. The most that clients can do is to send individual commands, as our control panel does. There's the potential for clients to make kicking/banning easier by showing a list of players that can be clicked, though.

If you need a standalone client, I'm told that Crysis and Crysis Wars clients should work, including http://sourceforge.net/projects/rconnec ... t%20v3.46/.
riuthamus
A regular
A regular

Post by riuthamus »

Edge100x wrote:Crysis 2 doesn't support remote logging yet, which makes remote control pretty toothless. The most that clients can do is to send individual commands, as our control panel does. There's the potential for clients to make kicking/banning easier by showing a list of players that can be clicked, though.

If you need a standalone client, I'm told that Crysis and Crysis Wars clients should work, including http://sourceforge.net/projects/rconnec ... t%20v3.46/.
what is the username? i only see a password on my control panel.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Crysis, Crysis Wars, and Crysis 2 all do not require a username, so it's strange if it's asking that. There's no other option?
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:Crysis, Crysis Wars, and Crysis 2 all do not require a username, so it's strange if it's asking that. There's no other option?
You don't need it, just proceed onward :P
CactusJab
A regular
A regular

Post by CactusJab »

im having an issue connecting.
i added all the information it required to connect...
./ dedicated.cfg: changed sv password
added the rcon password i have listedunder server control
i am having connection issues:
it does ask for a user name:

any step by stp instructions for my ignoance.
i am sorry for the inconvenience.
i would like an rcon...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Have you tried the version that I linked? Only it was mentioned in the documentation from Crytek. I do not know if 4.007 works.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:Have you tried the version that I linked? Only it was mentioned in the documentation from Crytek. I do not know if 4.007 works.
hmm 4.007 works for me....
riuthamus
A regular
A regular

Post by riuthamus »

Just to let you all know that I got info today from another clan friend that rConnect 4.007 WILL work with C2, but only by applying a startup command line change.
If you are with (a specific company), you will need to submit a support ticket, and they will change this info for you. Please make sure you request the line of code EXACTLY, and then rConnect will work.

+rcon_startserver port:9010 pass:xxxxx +http_password xxxxxx +http_startserver port:64001

The pass:xxxxxx can be what you want it too be, just remember what it is. Your web signin password to your cPanel for the server will be the http_password xxxxxxx

If you have access to the autoexec file for your server, you can manually add this yourself. This does work, I have a stable connection to my server and kick/ban works.

I hope you can understand my explaination, and good luck admining your server!!
From the thread in MyCrysis, so... for it to work do we have to have this in our command lines as well?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Clay52 indicates that 4.007 works for him straight, so it shouldn't require a special command line change. It sounds like you just need to enter the information that you have, where it asks, and it will just work.

Note that we use the game server port for XML-RPC (64100) instead of using a random one.

autoexec.cfg is not used in Crysis 2. Instead, it uses dedicated.cfg and LevelRotation.xml.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:Clay52 indicates that 4.007 works for him straight, so it shouldn't require a special command line change. It sounds like you just need to enter the information that you have, where it asks, and it will just work.

Note that we use the game server port for XML-RPC (64100) instead of using a random one.

autoexec.cfg is not used in Crysis 2. Instead, it uses dedicated.cfg and LevelRotation.xml.
Well it does work somewhat, but functionality is suspect. I can't seem to get the list of players to come up, ideas? I'm hoping with this next patch things will be much more different and operational for all of this.
riuthamus
A regular
A regular

Post by riuthamus »

I was about to say the same, i can login but i cant see a list of players, i cant kick or do anything, cant do map changes, simply can login and access the server. not even sure i can send commands, if I can I do not get any response.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

3.46 (the version I linked and said to use) seems to show users and allow them to be administrated. It still doesn't handle maps correctly, of course, and is limited in many other ways, as well.
Forbestoo
A regular
A regular

Post by Forbestoo »

I suggest giving Crytek one last good kick in the ass. They have one more chance to get this game working. As of now I really don't see any point in renewing our server.

Ima gonna drink a 40 of whiskey and go beat the piss outta someone at EA with an XBOX..................