Crysis 2 game modes

Forbestoo
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Crysis 2 game modes

Post by Forbestoo »

Does anyone know if it is possible to mix game modes on a Crysis 2 server?
Such as say a rotation of 2 rounds of Crash site followed by Team instant action then back to Crash site?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Crysis 2 game modes

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, this should be possible. To do it, you'll need to manually specify maps, as in http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =64&t=5145
Forbestoo
A regular
A regular

Post by Forbestoo »

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. The service I've encountered here at NFO is beyond amazing..you guys kick ass!!!! :D :D :D

Now, I just have to get someone to help me understand all that code stuff and how to do it.... It's all so foreign to me and making my head hurt....

Anyone want to write a server configuration for me? lol :lol: :lol:
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We can try. Still trying to figure out everything about Crysis 2 ourselves, as well :).

One thing that I've been working on all day is the lobby glitch.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Forbestoo wrote:Thanks so much for your prompt reply. The service I've encountered here at NFO is beyond amazing..you guys kick ass!!!! :D :D :D

Now, I just have to get someone to help me understand all that code stuff and how to do it.... It's all so foreign to me and making my head hurt....

Anyone want to write a server configuration for me? lol :lol: :lol:
I'm in the same boat with my 2 servers for Crysis 2. I'll also echo your sentiment on the service and support here, it's 2nd to none and I will never go anywhere else!

Edge100x wrote:We can try. Still trying to figure out everything about Crysis 2 ourselves, as well :).

One thing that I've been working on all day is the lobby glitch.
Edge, are you referring to the non-start bug? I hear that it helps to restart the server now and then...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Edge, are you referring to the non-start bug? I hear that it helps to restart the server now and then...
Yep. It takes more than the occasional restart today, it seems -- most servers are having the problem, and quite frequently =\.
Forbestoo
A regular
A regular

Post by Forbestoo »

Lobby glitch???

Only problem we've encountered that seems to be on all servers is that once a server empties out, it needs to be rebooted. Then it's good to go until it empties again.

If you do find some time, it would be really cool if you could try and make a rotation for us. ( I know you are extremely busy and I understand if you can't) We would like 2 rounds of Team Instant Action followed by a round of Crash Site, utilizing all the maps available. All other default settings we have are cool for now. I really just don't know where to begin... I feel like a dummy lol.
I think if I see it loaded in our control panel it would help me figure out how to do it. In the end I'm still going to have to figure it out eventually....

Thanks Again :D
Forbestoo
A regular
A regular

Post by Forbestoo »

Edge100x wrote:
Yep. It takes more than the occasional restart today, it seems -- most servers are having the problem, and quite frequently =\.

Ours runs great until it empties,then needs a reboot, then it runs great until it empties again, and so on.....we've been up and full most of the day
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Forbestoo wrote:
Edge100x wrote:

Ours runs great until it empties,then needs a reboot, then it runs great until it empties again, and so on.....we've been up and full most of the day
hmm not true here at least from my experiences, I've had several instances where it emptied and filled up again w/o a restart. That is not to say a restart isn't helpful from time to time as mentioned above.

BTW for rotation help please look here:

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=64
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:
Copy that, well you know I'm keeping the servers at "Standard" for now to kep it simple but I've noticed that the command: "<Option setting="gl_time 10.0" />" doesn't seem to take or work. It stays at 45, thoughts?
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

On a side note, there is a boatload of hacking going on and wished I knew how to kick these clowns, command on how to ban or kick anyone know?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

For gl_time, setting it in your dedicated.cfg might work.

For kicking, try "kick <name>" where <name> is the player name. This might also work for ban, but I'm not sure.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:For gl_time, setting it in your dedicated.cfg might work.

For kicking, try "kick <name>" where <name> is the player name. This might also work for ban, but I'm not sure.
Ok will try that and report back. My servers have been full on both for the past few hours, very happy here so far :)
Forbestoo
A regular
A regular

Post by Forbestoo »

Thanks guys. Keep us posted on the admin commands.
Our server is still full and running well, I don't have time to play/try admin right now but will be on tonight.

Thanks again :D
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Clay52 wrote:
Edge100x wrote:For gl_time, setting it in your dedicated.cfg might work.

Ok will try that and report back. My servers have been full on both for the past few hours, very happy here so far :)
kick isn't working as of yet, anyone else get it to work?