Crysis 2 - Any progress today?

riuthamus
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Crysis 2 - Any progress today?

Post by riuthamus »

Clay52 wrote:The no start bug is rearing it's ugly head again today, seems to be getting worse imho...
Honestly, i have not had any issues with the NO start bug at all. We mostly have the timers set though in the dedicated.txt so that we have 45 seconds for the lobby, 20 seconds for wait timer for peeps to join the round, then we have 15 seconds for the actual round to start once everybody is in. Seems to be working well and we keep the server rather full most of the time. The only complaint at this point I can say is the AUTO Skip maps... every 5th or so map it will auto skip the lobby... so fucking annoying since people who rank up want to add the new stuff but cant, so they leave.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

riuthamus wrote:
Clay52 wrote:The no start bug is rearing it's ugly head again today, seems to be getting worse imho...
Honestly, i have not had any issues with the NO start bug at all. We mostly have the timers set though in the dedicated.txt so that we have 45 seconds for the lobby, 20 seconds for wait timer for peeps to join the round, then we have 15 seconds for the actual round to start once everybody is in. Seems to be working well and we keep the server rather full most of the time. The only complaint at this point I can say is the AUTO Skip maps... every 5th or so map it will auto skip the lobby... so fucking annoying since people who rank up want to add the new stuff but cant, so they leave.
Oh you will trust me and these timings make no difference whatsoever, I've tried them all at different settings, with same results at times.
spideranged
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Status page for Crysis 2

Post by spideranged »

Edge100x wrote:"Server control" page -- the "status" command shows you all of the connected players (though not what they are doing).
My control page only shows the number of players. There is a line below that says: "These players are currently connected:", but it is always blank no matter how many players are in my server.

On another subect; this morning around 8'ish server time, all players on my server including myself were kicked. Was this the aprox patch time? Ive been trying to understand why that might have happend but the server logs dont shed much light on the subject. I also dont see any maint. notes that corespond to the timeframe. Has anybody else had problems like this?
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

spideranged wrote:
Edge100x wrote:"Server control" page -- the "status" command shows you all of the connected players (though not what they are doing).
My control page only shows the number of players. There is a line below that says: "These players are currently connected:", but it is always blank no matter how many players are in my server.

On another subect; this morning around 8'ish server time, all players on my server including myself were kicked. Was this the aprox patch time? Ive been trying to understand why that might have happend but the server logs dont shed much light on the subject. I also dont see any maint. notes that corespond to the timeframe. Has anybody else had problems like this?
He's referring to the "Server Control" tab and typing "status" (without quotes) into the rcon line, not status tab
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Though it would be nice where when hitting status, the status command would be executed and actually show the connected players, is this possible Edge?
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

I threw this together for those who may need help (more to come):

"status"

The server has replied:

-----------------------------------------
Server Status:
name:
ip: nfo-a27608d4517
version: 1.1.0.0
level: Wars/cw2_alien_vessel_small
gamerules: Assault
players: 16/16
time remaining: 1:56
-----------------------------------------
Connection Status:
name: JohnDoe123 id: 0 ip: xx.xx.xx.xx:64100 ping: 255 state: x profile: xxxxxxxxx

"kick"

The server has replied:

kick
Usage: kick cx <connection id> | id <profile id> | <name>
e.g.: kick cx 0, kick id 12345678, kick ElCubo - see 'status'

works great with <connection id>, much shorter than most nicks

"ban"

First use "status" then supply the appropriate info below to execute....

The server has replied:

ban
Usage: ban <profile id> <minutes>
e.g.: ban 12345678 30
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Status page for Crysis 2

Post by Edge100x »

Crysis 2 doesn't return players in status queries right now, so you need to use the "status" command through rcon to do this.

Clay52, I am considering doing that. Having it use XML-RPC would cause quite a bit of overhead with the system here, though, and would also cause problems because the XML-RPC interface only allows one connection at a time.
This likely relates to the daily maintenance of "Purges of old (2-week old, cancelled) servers occur each morning starting at 8:00am Pacific time, and this may cause brief periods of downtime or latency spikes." Crysis 2 seems to be very sensitive to this.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Clay52, I have adapted what you said into this KB article: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =64&t=5175