Forbestoo
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Bad patch!!1 Baaaaaaad!

Post by Forbestoo »

Well....

Whatever the patch did... it killed us.
I watched our server as long as I could....
The only problem was it needed to be rebooted 25 times a day....
Now no one comes...
ever....
In the lobby for hours......
no one comes....

:( :( :(
Cant play

Just sit there..........

:( :( :( :( :(
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Bad patch!!1 Baaaaaaad!

Post by Edge100x »

I haven't seen this on other servers that have seen the application of the patch.

Have you tried manually starting a game after you connect? You can do this with the "gl_startgame" command through the "Server control" page. Usually after the game is started, players begin to join.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I filled it up for you now :).
riuthamus
A regular
A regular

Post by riuthamus »

I cant get kick to work, do you just hit

` kick playername
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Right now, you need to do it through the "Server control" page. You can't do it through the game console.

We have 3 or 4 threads that have been hijacked with questions about how to kick now, and I have to keep saying the same things. Please keep it in just one =\.
riuthamus
A regular
A regular

Post by riuthamus »

obviously not my intention... but understood
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:Right now, you need to do it through the "Server control" page. You can't do it through the game console.

We have 3 or 4 threads that have been hijacked with questions about how to kick now, and I have to keep saying the same things. Please keep it in just one =\.
With all due respect, it would help greatly if you'd clean up this section of the forums and have separate sections for each game, technical support thereof etc. ala the knowledgebase. Problem is, inthe example of the kick command, those questions were embedded in other threads and no one could possibly know that until they ask.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Clay52 wrote:With all due respect, it would help greatly if you'd clean up this section of the forums and have separate sections for each game, technical support thereof etc. ala the knowledgebase. Problem is, inthe example of the kick command, those questions were embedded in other threads and no one could possibly know that until they ask.
The Crysis 2 knowledgebase is a definite work in progress right now because the information that we have from Crytek isn't accurate or complete (they don't even mention the kick command). "kick" wasn't in the KB because they didn't mention it, until after I added it yesterday. I was referring to the threads in this forum that talk about kicking: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=4

For others' reference, you and I talked more about the KB already a bit here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... f=4&t=5155
Forbestoo
A regular
A regular

Post by Forbestoo »

Naw man....
Patch screwed us.
I'd rather have to reboot all day and have ppl come than sit there for hours by myself.

:(

Between the piss poor launch, and this patch making things worse for us, I don't see a server renewal in our future.

Glad I didn't get three months......
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

gl_startgame is the cure for an empty server, no doubt about that :). If you execute that whenever it empties, your server should be pretty busy.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:gl_startgame is the cure for an empty server, no doubt about that :). If you execute that whenever it empties, your server should be pretty busy.
You know Edge I'll try that out soon, but lately I've had good luck filling up the server where I've had Assault/Standard running and the other does pretty well with CTF. Guys seems to like this mode though Assault is frustrating and takes some getting used to since you only get one life :P
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

gl_startgame works like a charm.
spideranged
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by spideranged »

Well for whatever reason nobody was connecting at that time its back to acting normally. Like I said, I didnt need to use that function before and Im not needing to use it now. All I've had to do is sit in the lobby and people would join. Seems to be back to normal as the server has been full since this morning. :wink: I suspect it may have been somethin I did while playing the cfg and roation files but all is good now.