Crysis 2 Ranked Game Cycle?

TeRdL3
New to forums
New to forums
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:19 pm

Crysis 2 Ranked Game Cycle?

Post by TeRdL3 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Anyway to cycle game modes without the server becoming unranked?

User avatar
TimeX
Staff
Staff
Posts: 1387
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:24 am
Location: Big Bear, CA

Re: Crysis 2 Ranked Game Cycle?

Post by TimeX » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:55 pm

You can change the type and variant while keeping it ranked, but most other settings will cause it to be unranked. We explain changing the game type and variant in more detail here:

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =64&t=5146
TimeX

TeRdL3
New to forums
New to forums
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:19 pm

Re: Crysis 2 Ranked Game Cycle?

Post by TeRdL3 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:08 pm

So I have to manually change the game mode every time I want to play a different type? No way to just put a command in and let it cycle ever few games from TIA to extraction ETC ETC?

User avatar
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
Posts: 12219
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:04 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Crysis 2 Ranked Game Cycle?

Post by Edge100x » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:17 pm

That's correct; it must be done manually if ranked mode is to be retained. Also, switching modes and variants (either manually or in the file) often seems to cause servers to crash right now, due to some sort of game bug.

I have asked Crytek to allow custom cycles without losing ranked mode and have also reported the crashing problem to Crytek.

TeRdL3
New to forums
New to forums
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:19 pm

Re: Crysis 2 Ranked Game Cycle?

Post by TeRdL3 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:21 pm

Ahhh I see thats a bummer thanks for the quick reply :D appreciate it

spideranged
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:57 pm

Re: Crysis 2 Ranked Game Cycle?

Post by spideranged » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Ive been running this standard variant (and ranked!!) levelrotation.xml and cfg all day today without any issues. I know its cycled through at least 2x but that doesnt mean its gone through every possible combo but so far so good. It has each game type of every map. Players Ive talked to really like the way it is. Of course you could always remove or rearrange the order which will change the contents of map vote in the lobby. Let me know if anybody has any problems with this. Ive type all the lines by hand because ive noticed that many that ive tried to copy and paste from other places have actually had errors and caused problems. :wink:

my dedicated.cfg:

http_password=yourRCONpasswordhere
sv_password=
gl_time=30
gl_initialtime=15
g_gameRules_startTimerLength=15


and my level rotation.xml:

<levelRotation name="Custom">
<ServerInfo>
<!-- You can specify a MOTD of up to 165 characters and a JPEG/PNG 128x128 image URL -->
<Details name="YourServerName" motd="Your MOTD" imageUrl="http://www.nfoservers.com/crysis2banner.png" />
<Variant name="Standard">
</Variant>
</ServerInfo>

<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="CaptureTheFlag" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="Assault" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="Extraction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel_small" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel_small" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel_small" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel_small" gameRules="CaptureTheFlag" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel_small" gameRules="Assault" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel_small" gameRules="Extraction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_church" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_church" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_church" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_church" gameRules="CaptureTheFlag" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_church" gameRules="Assault" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_church" gameRules="Extraction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_city_hall" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_city_hall" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_city_hall" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_city_hall" gameRules="CaptureTheFlag" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_collided_buildings" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_collided_buildings" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty_mil" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty_mil" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty_mil" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty_statue" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty_statue" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty_statue" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_downtown" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_downtown" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_downtown" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_downtown" gameRules="Assault" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_downtown" gameRules="Extraction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_lighthouse" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_lighthouse" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_lighthouse" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_lighthouse" gameRules="CaptureTheFlag" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_pier" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_pier" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_pier" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_pier" gameRules="Assault" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_pier" gameRules="Extraction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_rooftop_gardens" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_rooftop_gardens" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_rooftop_gardens" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_terminal" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_terminal" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty" gamerules="CaptureTheFlag" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty" gamerules="Assault" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty" gamerules="Extraction" />


</levelRotation>

spideranged
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:57 pm

Re: Crysis 2 Ranked Game Cycle?

Post by spideranged » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:24 pm

If anybody wants to try some different variants with the above configuration, let us now how it went!

User avatar
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
Posts: 12219
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:04 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Crysis 2 Ranked Game Cycle?

Post by Edge100x » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:02 pm

I have gone ahead and added that to the KB article on customizations :)


riuthamus
A regular
A regular
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Crysis 2 Ranked Game Cycle?

Post by riuthamus » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:29 am

I cant get my rotation to work,i just always get team action:

Code: Select all

<levelRotation name="TIA">
  <ServerInfo>
    <!-- You can specify a MOTD of up to 165 characters and a JPEG/PNG 128x128 image URL -->
    <Details name="BHSlaughter.com" motd="Become part of the brotherhood, visit www.bhslaughter.com" imageUrl="http://www.bhslaughter.com/downloads/bos.png" />
    <Variant name="Standard">
    </Variant>
  </ServerInfo>

<level name="Wars/cw2_terminal" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_collided_buildings" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_city_hall" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_church" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_downtown" gameRules="Assault" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_rooftop_gardens" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_terminal" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_city_hall" gameRules="CaptureTheFlag" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel_small" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_pier" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_church" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty_mil" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_downtown" gameRules="Extraction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_city_hall" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_lighthouse" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_rooftop_gardens" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_church" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel_small" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_pier" gameRules="Assault" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty_statue" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />

</levelRotation>

riuthamus
A regular
A regular
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Crysis 2 Ranked Game Cycle?

Post by riuthamus » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:10 am

spideranged wrote:Ive been running this standard variant (and ranked!!) levelrotation.xml and cfg all day today without any issues. I know its cycled through at least 2x but that doesnt mean its gone through every possible combo but so far so good. It has each game type of every map. Players Ive talked to really like the way it is. Of course you could always remove or rearrange the order which will change the contents of map vote in the lobby. Let me know if anybody has any problems with this. Ive type all the lines by hand because ive noticed that many that ive tried to copy and paste from other places have actually had errors and caused problems. :wink:

my dedicated.cfg:

http_password=yourRCONpasswordhere
sv_password=
gl_time=30
gl_initialtime=15
g_gameRules_startTimerLength=15


and my level rotation.xml:

<levelRotation name="Custom">
<ServerInfo>
<!-- You can specify a MOTD of up to 165 characters and a JPEG/PNG 128x128 image URL -->
<Details name="YourServerName" motd="Your MOTD" imageUrl="http://www.nfoservers.com/crysis2banner.png" />
<Variant name="Standard">
</Variant>
</ServerInfo>

<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="CaptureTheFlag" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="Assault" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="Extraction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel_small" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel_small" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel_small" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel_small" gameRules="CaptureTheFlag" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel_small" gameRules="Assault" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel_small" gameRules="Extraction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_church" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_church" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_church" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_church" gameRules="CaptureTheFlag" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_church" gameRules="Assault" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_church" gameRules="Extraction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_city_hall" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_city_hall" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_city_hall" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_city_hall" gameRules="CaptureTheFlag" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_collided_buildings" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_collided_buildings" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty_mil" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty_mil" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty_mil" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty_statue" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty_statue" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty_statue" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_downtown" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_downtown" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_downtown" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_downtown" gameRules="Assault" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_downtown" gameRules="Extraction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_lighthouse" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_lighthouse" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_lighthouse" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_lighthouse" gameRules="CaptureTheFlag" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_pier" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_pier" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_pier" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_pier" gameRules="Assault" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_pier" gameRules="Extraction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_rooftop_gardens" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_rooftop_gardens" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_rooftop_gardens" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_terminal" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_terminal" gameRules="InstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty" gamerules="CaptureTheFlag" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty" gamerules="Assault" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_cxp_liberty" gamerules="Extraction" />


</levelRotation>
I found out the reason why it wasnt working, the custom rotation. Fixed, but 2 seconds into the map, same error with kick of all clients. Getting so old. This same shit happened to our BC2 server and is why we dropped it.

User avatar
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
Posts: 12219
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:04 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Crysis 2 Ranked Game Cycle?

Post by Edge100x » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:13 am

Crytek has told us today that they've pegged down the kick-after-a-few-seconds problem and should have a fix out for that one soon.

spideranged
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:57 pm

Re: Crysis 2 Ranked Game Cycle?

Post by spideranged » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:46 am

riuthamus wrote:I found out the reason why it wasnt working, the custom rotation.
-Yup, you must use "custom" or it just plays the preset of the type specified.

Edge100x wrote:Crytek has told us today that they've pegged down the kick-after-a-few-seconds problem and should have a fix out for that one soon.
Aha! Now there's some good news! :D

Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:23 pm

Re: Crysis 2 Ranked Game Cycle?

Post by Clay52 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:15 am

Nice job Spider, love it but how does it maintain the Ranked status, but hey if it works outstanding!
Image

spideranged
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:57 pm

Re: Crysis 2 Ranked Game Cycle?

Post by spideranged » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:13 pm

Clay52 wrote:Nice job Spider, love it but how does it maintain the Ranked status, but hey if it works outstanding!
Since its not really changing any elements other than what maps are played and the game type it should be fine for a ranked game. When you go to custom variant is when you will see the loss of your ranked status. The custom 'variant' is where you will be able to change considerably more. And again, there some variants that can be used without losing ranked status such as pro or single life and some others i cant recall off the type of my head. I havnt tried running any variants other thatn standard yet cause most the players I talk to seem to want to just level for now. I am considering changing to the pro variant however. I think this wil allow what other games call a hardcore mode.

Post Reply