A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Crysis 2 Ranked Game Cycle?

Post by spideranged »

Just a little clarification:

If we have this line added into our rotation.xml in the appropriate place,

<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="InstantAction" />

the section 'gameRules="InstantAction"' designates a predefined format for the rules on the map. This could be changed to 'gameRules="TeamInstantAction"' and be a different set of predefined rules for the same map. Not all maps can use all game types as described in the knowledgebase. So at least crytek is kind enough to allow us to make a custom rotation as long as we use the predefined game types. Now it seems possible to use some of the predefined variants (such as pro or single life <Variant name="Pro">) with a custom rotation as well but I havnt tested to confirm this. If you wanted to start changing spawn time, suite health or turn off explosions, then you will need to change <Variant name="Standard"> to <Variant name="Custom">. This will remove your servers ranked status.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Is it possible to just run one map 24/7 like in BC2? Or would that make it custom and ultimately unranked? Thanks, always wondered this but never really asked straight up.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, you should be able to run one map 24/7. Set the LevelRotation to "Custom" and the Variant to your preferred one, then specify the map that you'd like exclusively in the rotation a couple of times. I talk more about that here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =64&t=5145
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:Yes, you should be able to run one map 24/7. Set the LevelRotation to "Custom" and the Variant to your preferred one, then specify the map that you'd like exclusively in the rotation a couple of times. I talk more about that here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =64&t=5145
My mistake Edge, I meant to maintain Ranked status, sorry.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, that is what I interpreted you to mean. My answer was about how to set a mapcycle and keep the server ranked, and the KB article talks about this in more depth.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:Yes, that is what I interpreted you to mean. My answer was about how to set a mapcycle and keep the server ranked, and the KB article talks about this in more depth.
Ok cool, I'll take a look soon thanks bud.
spideranged
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by spideranged »

Clay52 wrote:Is it possible to just run one map 24/7
Everything you need to know to answer that question is posted in this thread. :wink:

use custom rotation with whatever variant you want then just place the single map with the game type.

Instead of a rotation with alien_vessel IA, alien_vessel_small CTF, and church CrashSite which looks like this:

<levelRotation name="Custom">
<ServerInfo>
<!-- You can specify a MOTD of up to 165 characters and a JPEG/PNG 128x128 image URL -->
<Details name="YourServerName" motd="Your MOTD" imageUrl="http://www.nfoservers.com/crysis2banner.png" />
<Variant name="Standard">
</Variant>
</ServerInfo>

<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel_small" gameRules="CaptureTheFlag" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_church" gameRules="CrashSite" />

</levelRotation>

------------------------------------------------------

You could do just alien_vessel IA all the time by using this:

<ServerInfo>
<!-- You can specify a MOTD of up to 165 characters and a JPEG/PNG 128x128 image URL -->
<Details name="YourServerName" motd="Your MOTD" imageUrl="http://www.nfoservers.com/crysis2banner.png" />
</Variant>
</ServerInfo>

</levelRotation>

---------------------------------------------------
OR .... If you wanted to cycle through just alien_vessel but different game types then you could do this:

<ServerInfo>
</Variant>
</ServerInfo>

<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="TeamInstantAction" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="CrashSite" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="CaptureTheFlag" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="Assault" />
<level name="Wars/cw2_alien_vessel" gameRules="Extraction" />

</levelRotation>

----------------------------------------

Each of these examples will keep your server ranked. Also, if your typing out your own map and game type combos, be sure they are compatible by checking the list thats in the knowledgebase (not all maps are usable with all gametypes!) Hope this helps some. :wink:
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Excellent use of color codes spideranged! :)
TimeX
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

spideranged, I've been away for a few days so excuse the delayed response but I appreciate the effort you've shown here and that is one outstanding rotation, I love it! I've now adopted this for both my servers for the near term and run one in "Standard" and the other in "Pro" variant mode. I've a question though, what do you use for a server name that will attract folks with this setup? Thanks in advance.
spideranged
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by spideranged »

TimeX wrote:Excellent use of color codes spideranged!
Thank you sir! Just trying to be helpful!

Clay52 wrote:what do you use for a server name that will attract folks with this setup?
Hehe, that question could be its own thread really! Naming your server is entirely up to your own creative process really. If your running a somewhat unique server then I would suggest labeling it as such. Some folks really like that and search out the particular servers that cater to those specifics.

One thing I've noticed about the way the game functions so far is that players will populate your server as long as someone is on it. I think this is partially a gamespy function thats placing quick match players. Of course others join when they see the right numbers of players, maps, ping, etc. Of course, the players you really want are the return players that have your server in their favorites. If these players come to your server when there are no other players and they understand that they only need to wait a few minutes and the server populates, then your in for an active server. Those are the players youll want to cater to. UNfortunately, until we have some proper admin tools were kind of dead in the water to give certain players elevated privilages on our servers. Until this happens, giving quality players incentive to come back is difficult. Just some thoughts ; )
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

I'm running two servers with your custom full rotation with a slight modification and also a 24/7 Lighthouse server and all 3 are rockin' as I write this :)