Perma Bans Still There

skorpio
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Perma Bans Still There

Post by skorpio »

I made several Perma Bans in the last two weeks; One keeps reappearing on Crysis 2. He goes by name of CrytekProgrammer. It is the same Profile number. What is going on? Why can't I keep this guy out?
skorpio
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Perma Bans Still There

Post by skorpio »

skorpio wrote:I made several Perma Bans in the last two weeks; One keeps reappearing on Crysis 2. He goes by name of CrytekProgrammer. It is the same Profile number. What is going on? Why can't I keep this guy out?
I have auto form fill; this guy is using different profile numbers but using the same name.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

It sounds like he may be using some sort of exploit to bypass the ban. Bans are still a bit touchy in this game, and I think bans may not save between server restarts.
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Bans indeed are not saved between server restarts, so you will need to re-ban him after each one.
JarHed
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JarHed »

This guy CrytekProgrammer, now using hx4_CrytekProgrammer has been dogging our site for weeks. We've all 'perma banned' him but he still comes back. He's been back four times today and the server hasn't been rebooted.

We use ban 333487076 0 for the supposed ban. It just doesn't work. I've checked our logs and he uses an aimbot, which is detected by NFO's anticheat software.

He just ruins the game for everyone. Why can't EA or Crytek do something. I guess they've got our money so they just don't give a crap.
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

We don't use any anticheat software, so you must be thinking of the game's own anticheat software. Bans are still touchy in the game, but this person may be using some sort of exploit to avoid the ban. If he is also attacking your site and avoiding bans there, then this guy likely knows a bit about what he is doing.
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you use a timelimit of 0, that will actually remove any bans. You will need to use a higher number than this for it to work. This is a bug in the game server as Crytek currently ships it.
JarHed
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JarHed »

Thanks for the info. I'll pass that on about the fact that the 0 doesn't perma ban. This particular guy seems motivated to do what he's doing.

Crytek really dropped the ball on this one. We've approached them and they are unwilling to do anything about it. Pretty sad really.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

There should be a new version released shortly that has better ban support and some anti-cheat tweaks, as well as lag reductions, a fix to the banner issue, and some other fixes. We'll roll it out as soon as we have it.
JarHed
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JarHed »

Edge100x wrote:There should be a new version released shortly that has better ban support and some anti-cheat tweaks, as well as lag reductions, a fix to the banner issue, and some other fixes. We'll roll it out as soon as we have it.
I was looking at some of the things in the update and we're looking forward to the reserve slot for admin as well as the anti-cheat stuff. If the hacking issues were better addressed the game would be much better for all concerned. It can really be a fun game to play when you don't have to spend most of your time kicking and banning people. Thanks for the info. :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Nod, true.

(Here's the post JarHed is referring to: http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopi ... 40&t=24683)