Crysis 2 patch 1.04 "Vote Kick" option

Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Crysis 2 patch 1.04 "Vote Kick" option

Post by Clay52 »

Exactly how is this implemented? I cannot find it anywhere.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Crysis 2 patch 1.04 "Vote Kick" option

Post by Edge100x »

Usage (Client):

INITIATING A VOTE
• Bring down the console
• Type 'votekick <playername>', and hit enter

The server will then respond with a string over text chat "Vote to kick <playername> initiated"

CASTING A 'YES' VOTE
• Bring down the console
• Type 'vote', and hit enter

CASTING A 'NO' VOTE
• Do nothing; anyone failing to vote will have counted as a 'no'

Usage (Server):

CVar Name Value Type Valid Values Default Value Comments
sv_votingCooldown Time in seconds 1 - 9999999 180 Controls how soon the same player can initiate another vote
sv_votingRatio Fraction 0.0 - 1.0 0.51 The fraction of players that have to vote 'yes' in order for someone to be kicked
sv_votingTimeout Time in seconds 1 - 9999999
1 - 9999999
1 - 9999999 60 Controls how long until the vote ends and the results acted upon
sv_votingEnable Integer 0 / 1
0 / 1 1 Control whether kick voting is enabled on this server
sv_votingBanTime Float 0.1 - 999999 10 Time in minutes for which the user is kickbanned when kicked of the server by a vote
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Good stuff Edge, thank you. Now if I may, is this enabled by default or does it go into the dedicated.cfg?
Last edited by Edge100x on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed to remove full quoted post
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Please don't quote my whole post like that if it's clear that you're responding to it :). It just makes the thread harder to read.

You would need to set the cvars through the XML-RPC/rcon interface or in dedicated.cfg. Note that in dedicated.cfg, you'll need to use "=" in place of the space after the cvar name.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Edge100x wrote:Please don't quote my whole post like that if it's clear that you're responding to it :). It just makes the thread harder to read.
Wow, my mistake. I meant to edit that out but hit submit to quickly. I don't need to remind you this is why an edit function would've helped here, with misspellings and situations such as this.
Last edited by Edge100x on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed to remove extra quoted content that Clay52 was not responding to
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Clay52 wrote:Wow, my mistake. I meant to edit that out but hit submit to quickly. I don't need to remind you this is why an edit function would've helped here, with misspellings and situations such as this.
Nope, you sure don't, as you've said it a bunch of times already.

On the "to do" list is potentially allowing it for users in particular rank categories, or finding a mod for phpBB that allows edits before others have viewed/replied to the post. Sadly, I'm completely swamped right now with other much more important work.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Well it seems to me that the "quote" function is proving to be more of a hindrance than the edit function but your ideas sound good for editing etc. No worries.
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Clay52 »

Perhaps consider a registered (server renter's) user forum, one with "full" functionality that we're all used to, one that is only viewable by such users and not the general public.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm not sure what you mean about the quote function, as I've had no problems with it.

I quote when it's not obvious what I'm replying to, by clicking "Quote" and then editing the bits between the [quote] and [/quote] tags. If I am breaking a post down into chunks in order to answer each individually, I create my own [quote] and [/quote] tags around each chunk.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Perhaps consider a registered (server renter's) user forum, one with "full" functionality that we're all used to, one that is only viewable by such users and not the general public
The general public needs to be able to read the forums without logging in. Most clients casually looking for information do not wish to create accounts.

The only functionality missing that you may be used to from some forums would be editing. It actually doesn't come up a whole lot ;).