RCON tool connectivity disabled by C2EAI admin tool

NAC2Classic
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

RCON tool connectivity disabled by C2EAI admin tool

Post by NAC2Classic »

From time to time (fairly regularly, at least daily) the 'Send RCON command" feature of control panel loses connectivity permanently (until server restart). The C2EAI admin tool will also fail to connect. Once they go down, they stay down until the server is restarted. This no doubt caused by C2EAI, but my question is, is there any trick I might use to restore your RCON tool connectivity without restarting the server?

This is known:
1. Whenever the admin tool (C2EAI) is connected, the RCON tool becomes non-responsive. When C2EAI is normally disconnected, the RCON tool returns.
2. There are one or more unknown events in a crysis2 server that will cause C2EAI to permanently report "cannot connect to server". This even after a reboot of my entire local network and machine.
3. Once this state occurs, the RCON tool also stays "disabled" until server restart.
4. The trick that seems to avoid all of this is to never leave C2EAI "connected" unless absolutely necessary. That would imply C2EAI is the cause. Still, I'm hoping there's a trick to not have to restart my (active!) server once this occurs so that I can still use your tool regardless.

Thanks in advance; If I can be of any assistance, please advise.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: RCON tool connectivity disabled by C2EAI admin tool

Post by Edge100x »

IIRC, this is a bug in the game related to how it implements rcon. Only one tool can use the XML-RPC/rcon nterface at a time. If a tool is connected to the port and the connections hangs or has some other problem, it locks up the RPC functions permanently.

Fundamentally, it's a problem with Crysis 2, and likely one that won't be fixed. Your tool may trigger this bug in some way, such as by a command that it runs or the length of time that it is connected; or, your connection might have a problem, leading to an improper disconnection.
NAC2Classic
New to forums
New to forums

Post by NAC2Classic »

Indeed, neither Crysis 2 nor the C2EAI tool is likely to see much fixing. Thanks for your prompt reply.

C2EAI seems to be the only Crysis 2 tool out there. Are you aware of any generalized game admin tools that might not be so buggy while still being useful?

btw -- I think your control panel is top flight, and your "help!" people are really on the ball. My .NFO experience has been very, very good. The effort put in is evident. Thanks.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm not very familiar with other good 3rd party tools out there for managing Crysis 2, unfortunately.

I'm glad to hear that your service experiences have been pleasant :)