Reserved Slots in RCON not working.

LiQuiD_affinity
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Reserved Slots in RCON not working.

Post by LiQuiD_affinity »

I set up a server with NFO 2 days ago and I have been working to try and make it a good one despite not knowing anything about XML or RCON commands prior to this, so the answer I'm looking for might be a simple one. I got my custom map rotation working fine, but I tried to set up a reserved slot system for my clanmates by addint their profile names using the NFO RCON plugin and the command "net_add_reserved_slot <name>"
That seems to have worked as checking the list via RCON shows everyone I have added, and the reserved.xml list has all names and profile#'s in it to. But yesterday I was playing on my server and got kicked, and then got stuck in a queue trying to get back onto my own server <.> when I accessed my control panel and checked the list, everyone including myself was still on it. But NOW, using the "net_reserved_slot_system 1" command spits "$3net_reserved_slot_system = $61$5[DUMPTODISK]$4"

Wat?... It also responds in an identical fashion when I use 0 to try to disable the system.
gtovey
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Reserved Slots in RCON not working.

Post by gtovey »

Try putting the command "net_reserved_slot_system=1" in the "dedicated.cfg" file on the server. Worked for me.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

LiQuiD_affinity, the funky $'s in the output there reflect it trying to indicate colors. It seems to be accepting your input but it may require a map change or restart to work, or similar.
preditor42
New to forums
New to forums

Post by preditor42 »

gtovey wrote:Try putting the command "net_reserved_slot_system=1" in the "dedicated.cfg" file on the server. Worked for me.
I have this as well but it doesn't work. I also can not do anything in the rcon console while in game.

net_reserved_slot_system=1
net_add_reserved_slot=Preditor42
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The second line you gave would not go in dedicated.cfg. Instead, you need to run this through our rcon tool:

net_add_reserved_slot Preditor42