Mounting Half Life 2 Episode 2?

Bryantdl7
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Mounting Half Life 2 Episode 2?

Post by Bryantdl7 »

Hi, I am wondering how I could get Half Life 2 Episode 2 mounted on my Sandbox Garrysmod server. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Mounting Half Life 2 Episode 2?

Post by Spray »

You will need to upload your local client installation of HL2:EP2 to the server via FTP, then specify the folder that you uploaded the content to in your mount.cfg file.

The folder you'll want to upload should be located at \Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\ep2

If you upload the "ep2" folder to the base folder of your game installation, then you won't need to edit the config, as our default mount.cfg file looks for an "ep2" folder there.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Why can't NFO provide that stuff for renters? Is it not allowed?
Not a NFO employee
Bryantdl7
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Bryantdl7 »

Spray wrote:You will need to upload your local client installation of HL2:EP2 to the server via FTP, then specify the folder that you uploaded the content to in your mount.cfg file.

The folder you'll want to upload should be located at \Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\ep2

If you upload the "ep2" folder to the base folder of your game installation, then you won't need to edit the config, as our default mount.cfg file looks for an "ep2" folder there.

so like this? http://imgur.com/cw4nkPW

Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

Yes, that looks correct. You'll then use your garrysmod/cfg/mount.cfg file to mount "ep2" to the location "ep2".
Rone
A regular
A regular

Post by Rone »

soja wrote:Why can't NFO provide that stuff for renters? Is it not allowed?

Sorry about replying to such an old post, but I think I know why.

Steam doesn't let you download ep2 while logged in anonymously. If say NFO were to make a steam account and buy all source games it still wouldn't be allowed unless they could lock the actual content away from the user. If the user was able download ep2 it would essentially be piracy.

However I don't see why they couldn't put episode 2 content somewhere the user couldn't access and point mount.cfg to that location. Maybe it's just to save disk space.
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Spray »

Rone wrote:
soja wrote:Why can't NFO provide that stuff for renters? Is it not allowed?

Sorry about replying to such an old post, but I think I know why.

Steam doesn't let you download ep2 while logged in anonymously. If say NFO were to make a steam account and buy all source games it still wouldn't be allowed unless they could lock the actual content away from the user. If the user was able download ep2 it would essentially be piracy.

However I don't see why they couldn't put episode 2 content somewhere the user couldn't access and point mount.cfg to that location. Maybe it's just to save disk space.
In this case, it's not about the need to login to Steam. We have many games that require a login and we have a Steam account setup specifically for this purpose.

The decision to not offer EP2 content is based on disk space and demand. We include CS:S, DoD:S, HL2MP, and TF2 files for our Garry's Mod installations, which already takes up a fair amount of space. Adding in EP2 would increase the size of every installation we offer.

EP2 content is also not as widely used as some other content packs, such as CS:S. On average, we only see about 1 or 2 requests for the content per month, and these users are able to add the content independently.
Rone
A regular
A regular

Post by Rone »

Episode 2 is used a lot in custom maps because of its forest/outdoor setting. I personally wouldn't mind replacing dod or tf with ep2.

But if you only get 2 requests for ep2 a month, why fix it if it aint broke I guess.
james442
New to forums
New to forums

Post by james442 »

Hi, I am wondering how I could get Half Life 2 Episode 2 mounted on my Sandbox Garrysmod server. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks sharing for this topic.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

james442 wrote:Hi, I am wondering how I could get Half Life 2 Episode 2 mounted on my Sandbox Garrysmod server. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks sharing for this topic.
This was actually answered in this thread. Look at the second post made by Spray.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!