Map Downloading / Workshop / Crash Error

Wrath
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Map Downloading / Workshop / Crash Error

Post by Wrath »

Alright, so I have all my server maps added to my server using the resource.AddWorkshop thing in the lua file. Anyways, when someone new joins the server, it forces him or her to download all of them, as it says here.

Also, I'm a bit confused with the resource.AddWorkshop lua script. Are you able to add Workshop Collections using it, or only single files?

Also, finally, one more problem. On my server, everyone is able to join fine. However, there are two people who aren't able to at all. I'm not sure why, but they always crash after around 5 or 6 seconds of joining. Anyone have any idea of what the problem might be. One has a really good computer, and the other has a decent one.

Thanks for any help!

-- Wrath
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Map Downloading / Workshop / Crash Error

Post by kraze »

Alright, so I have all my server maps added to my server using the resource.AddWorkshop thing in the lua file. Anyways, when someone new joins the server, it forces him or her to download all of them, as it says here.

Also, I'm a bit confused with the resource.AddWorkshop lua script. Are you able to add Workshop Collections using it, or only single files?
You should never add maps to your resource.lua file as it will force them to download them all upon connecting. We mention that in the second post in the link you referenced. When the server switches to a map that the client does not have it will automatically call it to download.
Also, finally, one more problem. On my server, everyone is able to join fine. However, there are two people who aren't able to at all. I'm not sure why, but they always crash after around 5 or 6 seconds of joining. Anyone have any idea of what the problem might be. One has a really good computer, and the other has a decent one.
This could be a few things. What is the error seen in-game when they disconnect and what error do they see upon getting disconnected?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Wrath
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Wrath »

Alright, thanks for the advice. I have removed the maps from the forced download for my server.
:)

Also, there aren't any error messages; his game just completely crashes. I'll see if it works with the maps removed now.
Wrath
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Wrath »

Update: Removing the maps from downloads fixed their problems. Thanks a ton for the help!

--Wrath
Wrath
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Wrath »

Sorry for the triple post. Anyways, I removed the maps from download and everyone was able to join fine. However, I just added the map ttt_mw2_terminal, and new members who hadn't downloaded it previously got map errors. I'm unsure if this is because the server hadn't restarted or if it wasn't automatically doing it. I'll post results later. Thanks
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

What is the exact error they got? and did you add this to your workshop collection or to the server manually?
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Wrath
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Wrath »

They didn't exactly get an error, but all 5 of the server members oter than myself wre unable to load in. It would just stop and not connect any of them. I manually added it. I don't use the Workshop Collection.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

If you open console and take a look there should be some error there. If you can find it post it here.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!