Garry's mod servers crashing extremely often

Jerpy
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Garry's mod servers crashing extremely often

Post by Jerpy »

So, this is not a rare occurence for me at all. Here is some shameful proof.
http://i.imgur.com/UphUAYJ.png (two of my servers side by side, complete different gametypes, but both gmod)

Trust me, I have backtracked my steps multiple times, and I've tried removing many different things. I've tried doing a test server from scratch with everything on my actual servers. Of course, crashing. Eventually was deleting addons one by one or more, trying to figure out the issue. I have also done the same with maps, as some maps can crash often more than others. This has not really seemed to be the case 100% of the time though. This did not solve my issue. There is .mdmp files for each crash, although I have next to no idea how to debug them. I have opened them in visual studio before but I really cannot figure out what is causing it within the file. If there is anyone that is good at debugging mdmp files, I'd be far more than grateful. I have read that basically 90% of the time though the mdmp files are useless since they wont tell you enough. Not sure if this is true but I've got about 20 of them to pick from.

I'm out of ideas. Anyone got any for me?
isonotlikethat
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Garry's mod servers crashing extremely often

Post by isonotlikethat »

Try checking out an error called "crazy physics." My server crashed all the time too. I found that this little bugger was the culprit. A way to very much minimize crazy physics it to install GS_Crash.

Hope this helps!
Image[/url]
mavericks
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Garry's mod servers crashing extremely often

Post by mavericks »

Might be trying to load a map that the server is not running. Try checking your autoexec or check your start.bat