Some Noobie Issues

ricoben3
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Some Noobie Issues

Post by ricoben3 »

I am trying to make a 1 hit knife for TTT. I went into the gamemodes>entities>wep>knife file and changed primary from 50 to 105 however it doesnt seem to do it, it just keeps doing 50 damage. is there another thing I am supposed to do to it?

Also, I sent some maps to the server, however it says that I do not have the file.bps and boots me from the server. How do i fix this, i got the files from gmod.gamebanana.com. Not sure if it is just the map or if it is something on my end.

This is my first time doing server stuff and I am really excited but really frustrated. Any help would be amazing, thanks
Nezy
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Some Noobie Issues

Post by Nezy »

ricoben3 wrote:I am trying to make a 1 hit knife for TTT. I went into the gamemodes>entities>wep>knife file and changed primary from 50 to 105 however it doesnt seem to do it, it just keeps doing 50 damage. is there another thing I am supposed to do to it?

Also, I sent some maps to the server, however it says that I do not have the file.bps and boots me from the server. How do i fix this, i got the files from gmod.gamebanana.com. Not sure if it is just the map or if it is something on my end.

This is my first time doing server stuff and I am really excited but really frustrated. Any help would be amazing, thanks
If you need help with your servers, just message me, I can offer plenty of help if you need it
Community Owner:: StormGaming thestormgaming.com
Teamspeak! Come join us! ts.thestormgaming.com.
Bubka3
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by Bubka3 »

For the map issue you'll need a FastDL for people to be able to download the custom map and join.
isonotlikethat
New to forums
New to forums

Post by isonotlikethat »

I know the problem. The ftp server software that NFO uses it very weird in that it tends to restrict read/write permissions to certain folders and files. What you want to do is download the "weapon_ttt_knife.lua" file to your computer, edit it, delete the old one from your server, then upload your modded file back in it's place. For some reason I have never been able to just plain edit the file. I have to do the whole process.

Anyway, hope this helps!
Image[/url]