Server Auto-Restarts No Longer Work

Hello55
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server Auto-Restarts No Longer Work

Post by Hello55 »

Hello. Ever since the new GMod update that was released yesterday, my GMod server has failed to automatically restart every time the server crashes. Before, my server would restart itself flawlessly but now whenever it crashes, the SRCDS window remains open and tells me that it's written a crash dump file.

This is what my batch file I use to run SRCDS looks like:

@echo off
cls
echo Protecting srcds from crashes...
echo If you want to close srcds, close the srcds window and type Y depending on your language followed by Enter.
title Server Watchdog
:srcds
echo (%time%) srcds started.
start /wait srcds.exe -console -game garrysmod +map rp_downtown_v4c_v2 +maxplayers 30 +gamemode darkrp
echo (%time%) WARNING: srcds closed or crashed, restarting.
goto srcds

I'm not surprised that this happened, because I noticed that dedicated servers were changed a bit for GMod in this update. How do I fix this problem?
theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Server Auto-Restarts No Longer Work

Post by theRadAleks »

You could use a program called Serverdoc which automatically restarts your server when it crashes, etc. http://www.serverdoc.com/
Hello55
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Hello55 »

Alright, sweet. I've never heard of that program before. Could you briefly explain how I could set that up for my SRCDS server?
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Infinitely better solution.

https://ashersoftware.com/
theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by theRadAleks »

Serverdoc is a simple and easy to use program, all you do is copy your launch parameters in the program and it starts and restarts it automatically after it goes down. Try both and choose the one you like better :D
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Well in that case just add -nocrashdialog to your command line and the pop up wont even occur. The sedirector link I posted is still infinitely superior because besides being incredibly easy to use, it will not only restart a crashed server but will even update your server for you automatically. Very nifty little tool. I even bought a license for it to get the extra benefits. :)
Hello55
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Hello55 »

Thanks for the help guys! I tried ServerDoc and it works perfectly. I was thinking of trying the one at AsherSoftware but felt that it made too many changes for my liking. ServerDoc is fast and easy. Many thanks!
kaisar123
New to forums
New to forums

Post by kaisar123 »

Yeah im using serverdoc too but I cant auto start the server on boot and the autorun option on it dosn't work.