Workshop content difficulties

Lone Wanderer
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Workshop content difficulties

Post by Lone Wanderer »

Hi there. I recently purchased a server through NFO.

I'm running Clockwork with an HL2RP schema. I had no problems getting that installed and setup on my server. It's running well to my knowledge, and I've got it all hooked up with a MySQL database.

Where I'm running into problems, though, is with my server downloading content from my workshop collection. I've created the collection, and copied and pasted my API key. I've made sure that the workshop ID # is correct (at least, I'm fairly sure). I've only posted the nine number code in the box where it prompted me to do so.

Anyhow, I've restarted my server a few times now, and it only stays down for something like 30 seconds or so before coming back up, if not instantly. I'm not seeing any of the content that I've added to my collection on the server, namely the maps.

Can anyone provide some hints or flaws in my process? Any help with this would be much appreciated.
Quezaltsin
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Workshop content difficulties

Post by Quezaltsin »

Last time I set up a server with workshop content, I found that some workshop content won't download to a server automatically and you'll have to figure out how to do it manually.

Apparently it has a memory maximum, per worskshop content of what will download.

I ended up having to download the content, and extract it and shove it into the Server files.

GMod is traditionally a headache like that.
GlenAnderson
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by GlenAnderson »

I'm not seeing any of the content that I've added to my collection on the server, namely the maps.
Maps need to be mounted to the server via their .bsp file. Try http://www.treesoft.dk/gmod/gmad/ GMAD extractor to extract the Workshop map you want found in steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons. Then place the map .bsp file in the \maps directory of your server.
Lone Wanderer
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Lone Wanderer »

Alright, so some of the content did add itself via the system implemented on the control panel. Only a few maps needed to be manually added via FTP, and they're all working.

There's only one map that's giving me trouble still, and I'm not entirely sure why. I think it has something to do with the actual workshop file, though, and not the FTP or anything like that. I've contacted the creator of it, and I'll get back to you guys if he's able to give me a solution or not.