FastDL Issue;

HardForBrandon
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

FastDL Issue;

Post by HardForBrandon »

Here's the thing. I have a workshop.lua folder, and that's just peachy and works fine.
The problem I'm having is it's taking literally 15-20 minutes for people to download my content.

I'm aware I need to add sv_downloadurl, but I don't understand how exactly I am suppose to add a URL with my content. I've checked videos, and a lot say to make a google site and add the content. But you can't extract a compressed file in there, so you have to add EACH folder individually.

Can someone please give me a hand in making my downloads faster?
theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: FastDL Issue;

Post by theRadAleks »

Go the 'Websync' page in your control panel, and sync your files to the webserver you got free with your garry's mod server unless you are running your server on a managed machine. This will setup your FastDL and setup the correct links in your server.cfg
Here is a link to a post that goes into detail on setting up FastDL for your server. http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =65&t=7337
HardForBrandon
New to forums
New to forums

Post by HardForBrandon »

theRadAleks wrote:Go the 'Websync' page in your control panel, and sync your files to the webserver you got free with your garry's mod server unless you are running your server on a managed machine. This will setup your FastDL and setup the correct links in your server.cfg
Here is a link to a post that goes into detail on setting up FastDL for your server. http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =65&t=7337
I just did this, followed the guide, and now they can't see ANY of my custom content. It doesn't even download in the starting screen. I'm 100% certain I did it right too.
CollinCraig
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by CollinCraig »

Try having a tutorial on how to extract addons with gmad extractor and making content packs for users to download from the workshop, you can even add them into your resources.lua and get rid of the rest.
Known Languages:
-Java
-Lua

Goals: Nfo Support Staff Member
HardForBrandon
New to forums
New to forums

Post by HardForBrandon »

CollinCraig wrote:Try having a tutorial on how to extract addons with gmad extractor and making content packs for users to download from the workshop, you can even add them into your resources.lua and get rid of the rest.
I'm aware of Gmad extractor and adding IDs and directories to the resources.lua folder. I've done everything in my power to make it work, but it still takes 15+ minutes for people to join.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

How many workshop addons do you have installed?

If you have a lot of large addons, players with a slow download speed will take a very long time to connect. In my experience steam workshop downloads are pretty slow in general(1MB/s for me, on a 50Mb/s connection).

If you have a lot of large addons, try removing some, or move whatever you can onto a normal fastdl site.
Not a NFO employee
CollinCraig
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by CollinCraig »

I mean, try making your own content packs. But also, just have your players download them sepratly with a workshop subscription.
Known Languages:
-Java
-Lua

Goals: Nfo Support Staff Member