Drawing more people to my server?

gordythepirate
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Drawing more people to my server?

Post by gordythepirate »

Hi, not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I was just wondering if anyone had general tips for attracting people to a Garry's Mod server (specifically TTT).

I've been hosting a TTT server for a little over a year and a half now, and during the first 6 months or so we saw new players join relatively frequently. Nowadays though, it seems like newcomers are few and far between.

One thing I noticed is that when refreshing the Gmod server list, my server takes a long time to pop up compared to everyone else's servers, despite me being in the same city as my server. Why would this be the case? You'd think that since my ping is so low on the server that it'd be one of the first to populate the list.

Anyways, if anyone has any advice they could spare, it'd be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
CollinCraig
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Drawing more people to my server?

Post by CollinCraig »

I suggest that you get people onto your server to bump it up on the list, most people sort by players to get the best and highest quality server out there, have a day where all of your friends join. It will draw a lot of players in.
Known Languages:
-Java
-Lua

Goals: Nfo Support Staff Member
gordythepirate
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gordythepirate »

Thanks for the advice, that's what we typically try. I guess it just took a while to bring in people. We've been getting people regularly after a week or two of nothing, so we're fine now.
mennes
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mennes »

Events is a useful tool that i use to gain traffic to servers :D Just schedule like a competition type event, winner gets a steam key (: I usually just go to g2a and get the 5 random keys and i will give them all to the winner.
Feel free to contact me on discordd @ Mennes34