I need advice

ChargedHD
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

I need advice

Post by ChargedHD »

Can someone give me advice or possibly help me get players on my server and make them want to stay a part of my server?
ninjaliciousss
New to forums
New to forums

Re: I need advice

Post by ninjaliciousss »

1. Be in your server, people don't usually join empty servers.

2. Install addons and nice content! Give your server a name that advertises any nice content you have.

3. Recruit a staff that is professional, but also aren't afraid to have fun. This is one of the most important things for a growing community. Enforcement has to be flexible, and Admins should NEVER abuse their powers. Players HATE abuse.

4. Generally give your community a bit of polish. Have a nice loading screen, clearly stated rules, contact information. CREATE A STEAM GROUP! This will allow you to send announcements to your players, and will reinforce a sense of community.

Source: Host through NFO, have a community that's pushing 270 players.
Rone
A regular
A regular

Re: I need advice

Post by Rone »

You have to be extremely dedicated when it comes to server hosting. Be on as much as you possibly can. This doesn't mean afk a lot either. I had a server up hitting ~20 players a day and then I went on vacation to the uk. I thought I had gotten it to the point where it could survive without me being on 27/7. Guess not as it died in the first few days I was gone.

And also get loads custom content.

I'm not even saying get loads of scriptfodder scripts. That helps A LOT, but it's not completely necessary. I got a fairly common printer addon, but I customized the **** out of it. I customized it to the point where I think people thought it was an entirely new printer system. I even coded some small things myself. like a tab on the scoreboard that displays how many hours a player has logged on the server.