invisible Playermodels

chaoskiller3001
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

invisible Playermodels

Post by chaoskiller3001 »

ok so i have been co owning a sandbox server with a friend of mine and i am trying to get some models to work, i have the fast dl file with resource.AddWorkshop("IdHere") but they still show up as invisible whether i do the collection or individual files, can someone help me please! thanks!
djmuz
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: invisible Playermodels

Post by djmuz »

Is this on an NFO-managed system or an unmanaged machine?

If it's on an NFO machine, place the desired models into a workshop collection and have the server download them through the NFO Easy Setup page.
If you're on an unmanaged machine, add +host_workshop_collection "ID HERE" to your command line.

After you've completed this, the models should download serverside on next boot.

If this doesn't solve the issue, make sure there aren't any errors with the models. These would usually be generated by the clientside and/or serverside console upon server boot or the attempt to spawn the models. If you see any errors involving the referenced models, post them here.
chaoskiller3001
New to forums
New to forums

thing is the easy setup didn't work, thats why i tried to set up fastdl but even that didn't work. and i believe that is is hosted on here, my friend bought a server and i am in charge of ulx and addons, how do i add that command line so i can try and see if that works?
chaoskiller3001
New to forums
New to forums

and if i install the collection to my client, then they show up as errors.
chaoskiller3001
New to forums
New to forums

nvm for the error part, i just forgot to restart my game. but i do need help with the fastdl part still.
djmuz
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by djmuz »

chaoskiller3001 wrote:nvm for the error part, i just forgot to restart my game. but i do need help with the fastdl part still.
If you also have an NFO webserver you should have an option in your game tab in the CP called "websync". Make sure that the server is synced to your webserver, and also connect the server to a workshop collection. This should solve your problem.
chaoskiller3001
New to forums
New to forums

ok so i fixed it, i set each individual addon to download in the fastdl.lua rather then the workshop collection. it was a pain but it worked!