FastDL Isn't Downloading Everything

TrIggA
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

FastDL Isn't Downloading Everything

Post by TrIggA »

Hi all,

I'm helping run a server for someone, I've been in charge of all the modifications and adding content. I've had a hell of a time getting the fastDL server to work correctly.

Right now we're using a combination of fastDL and workshopDL, depending on the file. The workshopDL works fine, but fastDL only downloads some things. I've been looking up guides, formatting, everything. They make sense, and I have the correct format according to the guides.

As of now, it seems all materials are downloading on join. However, most models and sounds are not. Most of the content is taken from workshop packs and cut down to just what I need, then I put them in the fastDL server. Originally, before I knew about WebSync, I was just going to use the bzip tool to compress them, I actually did compress almost everything, but I found out about websync before I uploaded them. I was using Fox's Resource generator, individually creating files for each addon, just to organize it better, then adding each lua file to lua/autorun individually. This worked for almost everything, but some things still were errors (for example, M9K weapons would work completely, but the minecraft swep would only download the materials on the way, not the models, so everything is an error for others). After running into these problems for a few weeks and trying different ways to fix them, I decided to try out the Config Creater (http://www.configcreator.com).

After doing so, the same problems occured, for most files only materials would download, I tested this personally by unsubscribing on workshop and attempting to download the content through fastDL. I was able to see that materials downloaded because of the directories/extensions (.vtf.bz2, .vmt.bz2, etc). But that's the extent of the downloads.

I just completely purged the FastDL server (as we've added/removed things from the server since the first websync, and we websync whenever we add stuff), and let a websync go to sync 12226 files (everything from the server). After that, I did one last config on configcreator and uploaded it to lua/autorun.

Same problems. I know there's 2 commands to add resources (resource.AddFile and resource.AddSingleFile) and I think I understand the difference (i.e. AddFile adds a file and everything associated with it, so you'd only have to resource.AddFile( 'path/model.mdl' ) to get it to add all the .vtx and .phy files, where AddSingleFile, you need to specify each specific model). ConfigCreator.com seems to specify every file, using AddSingleFile, where Fox's generator does AddFile. Both should do the same thing in theory, and they might, because they both cause me the same problem.

Any information on this would be super helpful, as I'm trying to pick a day with friends to join to encourage new players to join, and it's going to be annoying for them to join and then have us tell them "go download this entire collection on the workshop that you just downloaded part of because some of these files don't work." Not a good way to gain new users.

Thanks in advance,
TrIggA
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: FastDL Isn't Downloading Everything

Post by kraze »

Can you post your current lua file and the URL to your fastdl server? Also to verify, you say some of the models are downloading, but not all?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TrIggA
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TrIggA »

Well, apparently some things are downloading, as I've had friends join and they could see some models. I've only disabled some workshop content to see if it would automatically download the models, and it didn't for what I've attempted.

My current lua file is 12032 lines, if you want I can post the whole thing, but until then I'll just give a snippet of some models that I know aren't working (everything is in the same form).

Code: Select all

resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_c08cop.dx80.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_c08cop.dx90.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_c08cop.mdl' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_c08cop.phy' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_c08cop.sw.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_c08cop.vvd' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_civil_medic.dx80.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_civil_medic.dx90.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_civil_medic.mdl' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_civil_medic.phy' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_civil_medic.sw.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_civil_medic.vvd' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_female_police.dx80.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_female_police.dx90.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_female_police.mdl' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_female_police.phy' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_female_police.sw.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_female_police.vvd' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_hdpolice.dx80.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_hdpolice.dx90.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_hdpolice.mdl' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_hdpolice.phy' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_hdpolice.sw.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_hdpolice.vvd' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_hl2concept.dx80.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_hl2concept.dx90.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_hl2concept.mdl' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_hl2concept.phy' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_hl2concept.sw.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_hl2concept.vvd' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_police_bt.dx80.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_police_bt.dx90.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_police_bt.mdl' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_police_bt.phy' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_police_bt.sw.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_police_bt.vvd' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_policetrench.dx80.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_policetrench.dx90.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_policetrench.mdl' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_policetrench.phy' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_policetrench.sw.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_policetrench.vvd' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_retrocop.dx80.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_retrocop.dx90.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_retrocop.mdl' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_retrocop.phy' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_retrocop.sw.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_retrocop.vvd' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_urban_police.dx80.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_urban_police.dx90.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_urban_police.mdl' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_urban_police.phy' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_urban_police.sw.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_urban_police.vvd' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/props/bt_gasmask.dx80.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/props/bt_gasmask.dx90.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/props/bt_gasmask.mdl' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/props/bt_gasmask.phy' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/props/bt_gasmask.sw.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/props/bt_gasmask.vvd' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/props/generic_gasmask.dx80.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/props/generic_gasmask.dx90.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/props/generic_gasmask.mdl' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/props/generic_gasmask.phy' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/props/generic_gasmask.sw.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/props/generic_gasmask.vvd' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/props/hd_stunbaton.dx80.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/props/hd_stunbaton.dx90.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/props/hd_stunbaton.mdl' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/props/hd_stunbaton.phy' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/props/hd_stunbaton.sw.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/metropolice/props/hd_stunbaton.vvd' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/weapons/v_arms_metropolice.dx80.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/weapons/v_arms_metropolice.dx90.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/weapons/v_arms_metropolice.mdl' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/weapons/v_arms_metropolice.sw.vtx' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'models/dpfilms/weapons/v_arms_metropolice.vvd' )
Conversely, the materials corresponding to those models are downloading

resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/c08cop/gasmask.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/c08cop/gasmask.vtf' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/c08cop/gasmask_lens.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/c08cop/gasmask_neck.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/c08cop/hands.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/c08cop/metrocop_sheet.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/c08cop/metrocop_sheet.vtf' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/c08cop/metrocopboots.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/civil_medic/gasmask.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/civil_medic/gasmask_lens.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/civil_medic/gasmask_neck.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/civil_medic/hands.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/civil_medic/metrocop_sheet.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/civil_medic/metrocop_sheet.vtf' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/civil_medic/metrocopboots.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/filters_bt.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/filters_fragger.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_black.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_blu.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_bt.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_c08.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_elite.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_fragger.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_hunter.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_lens.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_lens_blue.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_lens_bt.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_lens_c08.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_lens_fragger.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_lens_medic.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_lens_rogue.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_lens_tron1.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_lens_tron2.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_ph.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_red.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_rogue.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_rtb.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_skull.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_tribal.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_tron1.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_tron2.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/gasmasks/gasmask_zombie.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/hd_police/gasmask.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/hd_police/gasmask.vtf' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/hd_police/gasmask_lens.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/hd_police/gasmask_neck.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/hd_police/hands.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/hd_police/metrocop_sheet.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/hd_police/metrocop_sheet.vtf' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/hd_police/metrocopboots.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/hl2_concept/gasmask.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/hl2_concept/gasmask_lens.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/hl2_concept/gasmask_neck.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/hl2_concept/hands.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/hl2_concept/metrocop_sheet.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/hl2_concept/metrocopboots.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/metrocop_shared/boots_n.vtf' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/metrocop_shared/detail_leather.vtf' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/metrocop_shared/dt_fabric2.vtf' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/metrocop_shared/dt_leather1.vtf' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/metrocop_shared/eye_glow.vtf' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/metrocop_shared/gasmask_exp.vtf' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/metrocop_shared/gloves.vtf' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/metrocop_shared/gloves2_n.vtf' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/metrocop_shared/gloves_n.vtf' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/metrocop_shared/metrocop_sheet_normal.vtf' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/metrocop_shared/noise_detail_01.vtf' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/metrocop_shared/normal.vtf' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/ministrider_police/chest.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/ministrider_police/gasmask.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/ministrider_police/gasmask.vtf' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/ministrider_police/gasmask_lens.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/ministrider_police/gasmask_neck.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/ministrider_police/hands.vmt' )
resource.AddSingleFile( 'materials/models/dpfilms/metropolice/ministrider_police/metal.vmt' )
And here's an example of a file I had using Fox's Generator before I started using ConfigCreator.com

--// File generated by F0x's Resources Generator 3.0.0 \\--

if ( SERVER ) then
	resource.AddFile( "materials/models/hitman/1ae2133b.vmt" )
	resource.AddFile( "materials/models/hitman/1ae2133b.vtf" )
	resource.AddFile( "materials/models/hitman/1ae2133b_n.vtf" )
	resource.AddFile( "materials/models/hitman/2ce78e73.vmt" )
	resource.AddFile( "materials/models/hitman/2ce78e73.vtf" )
	resource.AddFile( "materials/models/hitman/2ce78e73_n.vtf" )
	resource.AddFile( "materials/models/hitman/5727386a.vmt" )
	resource.AddFile( "materials/models/hitman/5727386a.vtf" )
	resource.AddFile( "materials/models/hitman/5727386a_n.vtf" )
	resource.AddFile( "materials/models/hitman/9c251e3e.vmt" )
	resource.AddFile( "materials/models/hitman/9c251e3e.vtf" )
	resource.AddFile( "materials/models/hitman/9c251e3e_n.vtf" )
	resource.AddFile( "models/agent_47/agent_47.mdl" )
	resource.AddFile( "models/agent_47.mdl" )
end
Currently, I'm not using if ( SERVER) then ... end. ConfigCreator.com didn't use it by default, and I've added it to the file on my own to see if that fixed anything, but I got the same result.

I've also seen conflicting instructions on people putting the fastDL lua file in autorun and autorun/server. I've tried both and neither worked, but I was curious as to which was correct, or if autorun just forced client and server to execute the lua.

Thanks
TrIggA
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TrIggA »

I realized I forgot to add the FastDL URL, sorry about that.

http://picklesquid.site.nfoservers.com/server/
TrIggA
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TrIggA »

Some NFO staff helped me solve the problem.