Please help server problems

katherinesghosts
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Please help server problems

Post by katherinesghosts »

Okay so this is my first time hosting a server and I'm having major major problems at first I can't access superadmin only when my addons arent on... Second when I do get my addons on the server I can't access superadmin neither do you see the player models of the other player... They are just statue looking models... And I can't change the map from the gm_construct to anything else or else my server won't run ...I'm really confused right now and I've tried everything even wiped my server and nothing is seeming to work. Also I can't move the gamemode from sandbox to starwarsrp :( It would really really mean a lot if someone could please help me with this... Thanks
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Please help server problems

Post by barhund »

What kind of server is it, a dedicated box that you are installing software on... a rented game server? what mods?
katherinesghosts
New to forums
New to forums

Post by katherinesghosts »

It is a Garry's Mod server I'm trying to install addons from a collection on steam and they are mods that have maps weapons playermodels, Npc's , etc.... And yeah its a rented server
Mint
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Mint »

Okay, okay. So there are a few things here.

To start- your custom content. All you need to do with NFO is make a collection on the steam workshop and paste the id code (the last bit of the url) into the box in "Gmod Specific Options" in your easy setup menu. It's under the "Easy Setup" tab.
It should look something like this:

From there, you'll have to put in your Steam API key. Go here: https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/h ... dev/apikey, log into steam, generate your api key- and put that into the box above your id code. Then, you just put the name of the folder that has your custom gamemode in it, like for clockwork this would be "cwhl2rp" into that top box there.

Now if you actually went and mounted your content through .gma extraction, I'd recommend reinstalling your server to get rid of all the content on there before. Addons are meant to be read through the workshop and not through the actual server files, and work much better if you do it like I said above.

Now for changing the maps- you need to put the map you wanted to use into the same collection as you had earlier that had the content on it. From there, you'll need to go into your easy setup tab again and change the default map to whatever the map name of the new map is. From there, it should run.

Now superadmin can be tricky. I'm not familiar with the gamemode you're using, but if you dig around in the config files you might be able to find an area where you can plug in your steam id and it'll change you to an owner/superadmin from the gamemode. If you're having problems with it, try and contact whomever sells the gamemode you're using about getting admin privileges for your server.

Also- keep in mind, you'll have to find out what kind of models are needed. If they haven't been mounted properly, they can T Pose like that. Though, they'll also do it if you're using Playermodels when you're supposed to use just normal Models, or vice versa. This varies from gamemode to gamemode, so contact whomever owns the gamemode about which modelset they require