/OOC /Adverts etc commands not working

chovicta
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

/OOC /Adverts etc commands not working

Post by chovicta »

Hello im a server owner and im currently having some trouble with my darkrp gamemode. It was all working fine but recently ive had this error where /ooc /advert or even buying weapon shipments will not work.

When a player opens the F4 menu and selects a shipment as a gundealer it will post a message in the chat saying /buy shipment (etc)

when i use /ooc it will show that "everyone can here you" but it will type out as /ooc message

Any solutions or fixes ? Please players are being to their utmost frustrated with this issue.
Snugzz
A regular
A regular

Re: /OOC /Adverts etc commands not working

Post by Snugzz »

Only thing I can honestly think of is that you disabled the default darkrp chat function in DarkRP-Modification

Navigate as so
garrysmod>addons>darkrpmodification-master ( or whatever you named it to)/lua/darkrp_config
Open disabled_defaults.lua
Go to around line

^ I felt stupid and I figured I should be laughed at for it :lol:

So let's start again
Navigate as so:
garrysmod>gamemodes>darkrp>gamemode>modules
Make sure the folder CHAT is there
It should have the following files in there

Code: Select all

- cl_chat.lua
- cl_chatlisteners.lua
- cl_interface.lua
- sh_chatcommands.lua
- sh_interface.lua
- sv_chat.lua
- sv_chatcommands.lua
- sv_interface.lua
If these are NOT there I'd suggest using the Easy Setup panel and having it install the current SVN version of DarkRP ( Which also will auto update your DarkRP when your server restarts )

If these ARE there. Try removing any Chat Tag system you have ( I know atags on scriptfodder works like a charm as I personally use it. ), any chat system ( I use eChat found on the DarkRP Forums take a look there too they have good stuff).

If NEITHER of above are right. Well at least we tried right? :lol:
You may not like my 2 cents. But the next person may need it.