Server can't find file

Quintonias
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server can't find file

Post by Quintonias »

I've been trying to test an audio file for my server, one I need for an event in a day or two, it's in the fastDL, it's in the exact same directory (sound/soundscape/distant_battle.wav) on the server itself, and I checked the folder in my local Gmod directory to see if the fastdl worked, it did.

So, of course, when I use /playsoundglobal sound/soundscape/distant_battle.wav it won't play.

The gamemode I'm running is cwhl2rp and the plugin I use to play souds is Simple Audio Tools.

I get the following error when it tries to play the song.
Failed to load sound "sound\soundscape\distant_battle.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Server can't find file

Post by kraze »

That's definitely odd. Are you able to try another sound plugin to see if it'll play it? If you've verified that the file is there and it's not playing it really would come down to a simple formatting error or the plugin/addon being broken in someway.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Quintonias
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Quintonias »

Alright, I'll try another plugin, sorry for the late response. I've been busy with IRL stuff.
Quintonias
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Quintonias »

Apparently can't edit the post, so sorry if there's a rule against double posting.

I found the issue, CW doesn't, and can't, find the file if you put sound/ in the string path. But, a new issue. It doesn't give me an error BUT, it doesn't play the sound.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

It's not giving any errors at all? That's definitely odd, as I'd expect something to show up if it wasn't playing. Are you also trying other sounds to see if those fail to play?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!