Auto-Websync Repeating

Jake
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Auto-Websync Repeating

Post by Jake »

I have Auto-Websync setup to sync again every morning. What I have noticed in the events log is that it appears to be syncing the same files every day even though those files are already on the webserver. I have not changed any files on my server in over a week and the message is identical every day.

Here is the message it logs:
The daily automatic sync updated your web-based downloads for you at this time. These files have been copied to the webserver:

sleekjb1/garrysmod/addons/fas/materials/models/weapons/view/pistols/ots33/ots33_slide.vtf
sleekjb1/garrysmod/addons/fas/materials/models/weapons/view/pistols/ots33/ots33_base.vtf
sleekjb1/garrysmod/addons/fas/materials/models/weapons/view/rifles/m14/m14_scopemount.vtf
A first thought was that perhaps the file path was too long, but that seems unlikely being that other files like the raging bull that have even longer paths are being copied fine and not duplicating daily.
sleekjb1/garrysmod/addons/fas/materials/models/weapons/view/pistols/ragingbull/ragingbullmount.vmt
This isn't causing any issues but was just a minor annoyance and I was curious as to why it was happening.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Auto-Websync Repeating

Post by kraze »

This is likely happening due to a size mismatch between the server and fastdl. Try deleting those specific files off of your fastdl and then running a fresh sync, that may stop it from occurring.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Jake
A regular
A regular

Post by Jake »

That didn't seem to have any effect. I noticed that the ots33_slide.vtf.size file had the contents of the size of the original file, which appears to be correct.

Another thought would be to just delete these files on the server, I don't think materials are needed and clients actually download the models/materials for these addons through the workshop rather than the fastdl.

... Actually just noticed that there are 2 addons that have the same named material but have different sizes, perhaps something the addon creator didn't notice. This would cause one to override the other in every sync check.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

That certainly could do it. The first file is uploaded, then the second one is a size mismatch and is uploaded. The next day, when it checks again, the first file is mismatched from the existing (second) file and the loop starts again.