DarkRP Server Crashing Every Hour

Moe Lester
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

DarkRP Server Crashing Every Hour

Post by Moe Lester »

I have started my server, it's a couple weeks old and i'm getting sick and tired of my server crashing every single hour. When I finally get a lot of people on, it crashes. Any help?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: DarkRP Server Crashing Every Hour

Post by kraze »

When did this crashing start occurring, and were any recent changes made to the server around that time? Also, what do your server logs say when the server crashes?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Moe Lester
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Moe Lester »

The crashing started occurring a little while ago, and not many changes were made. Only addons were added. I haven't seen what the logs say when it crashes but I will check next time. It has not crashed in a day or two and we have had some traffic so it seems better.
Moe Lester
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Moe Lester »

We have a graffiti job which uses spray paint. It usually happens when someone sprays graffiti. Could that be the cause?
crashmultiz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by crashmultiz »

i really doubt spray could be the cause. update us if the server crashes again, and make sure to post logs too!
Moe Lester
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Moe Lester »

It crashed earlier, and I looked at logs. Its too late to paste them now but nothing out of the blue happened, logs just stop. No one was spamming or anything.
crashmultiz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by crashmultiz »

have you tried checking /garrysmod/logs ? the server usually logs everything that happends in the server.
GetScrubed
New to forums
New to forums

Post by GetScrubed »

You may need to Upgrade CPU priority. If you have alot of large addons like VCMod and PointShop 2 then it may cause it to crash, Especially when alot of people are on.
Moe Lester
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Moe Lester »

Okay I might do that
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

I wouldn't actually recommend high CPU priority. This option is only useful if you are competing with other game servers (Who don't also have high CPU priority) for CPU time. It doesn't provide you with additional CPU power. Because we underload the machines, this option is hardly ever needed (If ever). Save your dollars.
Moe Lester
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Moe Lester »

Here's the logs right before it crashed -

23:31:13 Lua Error: [ERROR] addons/darkrp_printers_2.5/lua/entities/diamond_printer/init.lua:143: attempt to compare nil with number 1. unknown - addons/darkrp_printers_2.5/lua/entities/diamond_printer/init.lua:143
23:31:13 Lua Error: [ERROR] addons/darkrp_printers_2.5/lua/entities/diamond_printer/init.lua:154: attempt to compare nil with number 1. unknown - addons/darkrp_printers_2.5/lua/entities/diamond_printer/init.lua:154
23:31:15 Lua Error: [ERROR] addons/darkrp_printers_2.5/lua/entities/diamond_printer/init.lua:143: attempt to compare nil with number 1. unknown - addons/darkrp_printers_2.5/lua/entities/diamond_printer/init.lua:143
23:31:15 Lua Error: [ERROR] addons/darkrp_printers_2.5/lua/entities/diamond_printer/init.lua:154: attempt to compare nil with number 1. unknown - addons/darkrp_printers_2.5/lua/entities/diamond_printer/init.lua:154