Cpu problems

GentlemenPro
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Cpu problems

Post by GentlemenPro »

Whenever my server gets around 20 people my cpu reaches almost 98%. How can I reduce that? Is it the tick rate? Also what would you guys recommend? Here are my addons . http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =734361407

Thank you (:
GentlemenPro
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Cpu problems

Post by GentlemenPro »

hello?
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Are you on a managed or un-managed setup? Can you post your config and command line? Is this a PPS server or your own install? Everything updated?

Need more info please.

Please be sure to use the CODE tags.
GentlemenPro
New to forums
New to forums

Post by GentlemenPro »

Im on a managed setup. Everything is from nfo nothing really added prob just addons i added thru filezilla. And no its not a pps server. Yes everything updated... By updated you mean the addons right? Whenever my server forces a restart is says this, "Your server was found to have been using >98% CPU usage for 300 seconds and was automatically restarted at this time."
GentlemenPro
New to forums
New to forums

Post by GentlemenPro »

Its a Gmod DarkRP server
GentlemenPro
New to forums
New to forums

Post by GentlemenPro »

Anyway i can not make this happen?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

If you haven't already, you will want to contact our support to take a closer look at your server.

As a more generalized answer, high CPU usage can have several causes, and on a Garrysmod server, the ideal solution can be very time consuming in some situations, involving a complete mod overhaul and rewriting of scripts.

If you are looking for a quicker fix, reducing players or reducing tickrate will lower CPU usage, but you will need to try it out to see if it lowers the usage enough.
TimeX