What Install like and mods ?

Elochai
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

What Install like and mods ?

Post by Elochai »

Got this game on steam back around Christmas and haven't had any time to really play it. So far from my 30 mins of play it seems like a lot of work to figure out how to use tools in it.

Anyway, some friends I got admining some of my Killing Floor servers own it and tell me it a blast with this DarkRP mod and Wiremod. So I was thinking I set a server up.

But before I jump the gun on that idea, I like to get some input.

How much of a memory and CPU hog will this be as I can't see it being to friendly with the world enviroment it has. So lets say we got 64 slots filled most of the time.

What mods if any are in the NFO Control panel for this game.

I am seeing people asking about My SQL for this game, I am unsure why I need to use MySQL for this game.

Whats admining like ?

If anyone can answer these questions for me or give some input of their own it would be a great help. I may try to do a manual install of it on my home Dell PowerEdge server after work tomorrow to see if what I can do. Tho it may be better to set it up on my VDS using the control panel to bypass the time it would take to learn how to setup a GMOD server from start to finish.
Scott AKA Elochai

Let the Clips Fall Down!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: What Install like and mods ?

Post by Edge100x »

I don't have great answers to these, but oddly it seems that nobody else has responded!
How much of a memory and CPU hog will this be as I can't see it being to friendly with the world enviroment it has. So lets say we got 64 slots filled most of the time.
CPU and memory usage varies greatly depending on the configuration of the server and what players are doing in-game, but we commonly see fairly large gmod servers here, up to and above 50 players.
What mods if any are in the NFO Control panel for this game.
We provide SVN URLs for many of the most common addons, as well as the standard Sourcemod and other Orangebox installers. You can easily specify your own SVN URLs to add more addons that way.
I am seeing people asking about My SQL for this game, I am unsure why I need to use MySQL for this game.
Some plugins may suggest or require the use of MySQL. The game itself does not.
Whats admining like ?
You can use rcon and regular plugins to admin, as you would a regular Orangebox game. The game also has its own privilege system built-in that is used by addons: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... _fspiked.1