Setting up a FastDL without the Public_html folder?

Solistheundead
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Setting up a FastDL without the Public_html folder?

Post by Solistheundead »

Note: Apologies if this is is somewhere on the forums, unfortunately I am a bit of a derp, and will usually miss something obvious.

Recently, a friend of mine rented a server out, which I am the coder for, we run a Open Aura based schema under the name of Rebirth, and I have been trying to set up a FastDL, however, all of the tutorials I have found mention a Public_html folder in the root of it, however, upon investigation, I could not find a Public_html folder, I am a bit new to setting up a server, so this is something I am generally confused about. I am also doubting that we have one. Now, I am wondering two things...

1. Does the server have a FastDL?

2. If so, where would I place the files I wish for people to DL in place of Public_html?

Arigato for your time, and any and all responses,

Solis
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Setting up a FastDL without the Public_html folder?

Post by TimeX »

If this is one of our game servers, you can use the "Websync" page in the control panel to automatically setup the fast downloads for you.

The public_html folder would be one located on web hosting and not the game server. It doesn't have to be specifically that, but it does need to be a folder that anyone can view through a browser.
TimeX
Solistheundead
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Solistheundead »

Well, I am trying to add specific models to the FastDL, so that items and such are not errors. Unfortunately, I am bit lost at this, and I dont want to accidently throw something like the TNB pack, which is 400 MB onto the FastDL.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The automatic sync really is the best way to go.