Gmod 13

TheLastPenguin
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Gmod 13

Post by TheLastPenguin »

Does anyone have information about nfoservers setting up for gmod 13?
It's really critical for my server community that they support gmod 13 soon
To give me time to prepair for the change.

If support isn't offered soon I might have to start looking arround at other hosts. Though I like NFO at this point gmod beta is almost at release stage and has a large user base. It's ridiculous that it's not already supported.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Gmod 13

Post by kraze »

You are correct, Gmod13 is still in beta. We tend to not support betas due to there unstable nature. Gmod is pretty unstable itself and I cannot imagine what Gmod13 is :/

However I am sure we will support it but we will most likely wait until a full release is pushed out the door.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TheLastPenguin
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by TheLastPenguin »

Gmod 13 is supposed to fix a lot of the stability issues. That's the reason he's actually making a new version. Within a few weeks I think most servers will be transitioning to it since when it comes out all custom scripts for gmod will break.
Erhan
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Erhan »

Garry's Mod 13 is currently in beta, it will be released on 24th September and it's more if a big patch then a new game. No-one will be able to play GMOD 12 after this date, it will be removed from your library and Garry's Mod 13 will be added, so the only thing I can think of is that NFO will convert all servers to Gmod13 servers.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

From his news post, it seems likely that the release will slip to October 24.

We'll do whatever we need to.
TheLastPenguin
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by TheLastPenguin »

Well servers ASAP would be really useful since its reasonably stable at this point though there are still a few client side crashes I havnt found any serious server ones. I'm developing an adminnmod for gmod 13 and really need a test server for my community.
TheLastPenguin
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by TheLastPenguin »

I'm wondering if there is any news about when you might be supporting Gmod 13? Is it looking like you will be waiting for the day of the release or will you be able to get servers out a bit sooner to give us time to prepare? I'm looking at having to host with someone else temporarily while I wait though I find your service to be the best I have found so far.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We are working to add support for the garrysmod beta before it is released as the new version.