Garry's Mod 13 - Best Anti-Minge Plugins for Sandbox?

nicholsml
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Garry's Mod 13 - Best Anti-Minge Plugins for Sandbox?

Post by nicholsml »

Red text = Background info. Feel free to skip it if you don't care enough to read the whole thing.

Hello! This is one of my first posts here at the NFO forums, although I've used their services for well over a year so far. Just gonna throw this out there; I love you guys.

My friend and I banded together to create a community of servers hosted under you guys. With 12 Garry's Mod servers now, we're growing fast, and people are pushing deadlines on us.

I was individually setting up a simple sandbox server for people to screw around on, seeing as all of our game-modes are based off of some form of TDM (Zombie Survival, Stronghold, Surf, Deathrun, etc.)

I figured it would be a snap to set up this sandbox server ,seeing as no extra coding needs to really go into it.

I've set it all up, but I've encountered a problem.

I need an up-to-date plugin that will help make my staff and I's life as easy as possible. I put in some fun tools and plugins, but now I need to talk about server integrity.
Right now, all I have in the way of dealing with minges is ULX - a GREAT administrative plugin that helps deal with minges, But it lacks when coming to specificity. It has the basic options for sandbox; limit the amount of props, entities, vehicles, NPCs, ragdolls, etc. But when it comes to STools, or blacklisting props, or settings up nice little minge-blockers, it has no options.

I've tried ASSMod, but the programming on the mod lacks sophistication, as you can't actually save the options you've placed once the server resets. I would just go into my FTP client and attempt to root out the default configs, but it wouldn't be much use, seeing as the mod isn't nearly as intuitive as ULX. I don't want 2 administration mods with separate ranks, I just want a plugin to help out with my ordeal.

What I'm looking for - A plugin to blacklist props/tools, or make them superadmin only (I see this on DarkRP all the time)
A plugin to ghost props if you've spawned too many in a configurable amount of time (Also see this on darkRP)
or a plugin to kick people for spawning too many props in a short amount of time, or having too high of a latency. (I see the latency deal on CS:S)

As far as I know, some of this might just be built into DarkRP, but don't take my word on that. I just liked the system those servers have, and would like one similar to deal with these kinds of people.

Sorry if my explanation was so drawn out, I like to blabber.

Anyways, if you could help, I'd be extremely grateful.
nicholsml
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Garry's Mod 13 - Best Anti-Minge Plugins for Sandbox?

Post by nicholsml »

Found what I was looking for. Falco's Prop Protection.
Siren
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Garry's Mod 13 - Best Anti-Minge Plugins for Sandbox?

Post by Siren »

I have been asked about a similar plugin a few times, thank you for posting your findings. Hopefully this will help out some of the other guys as well.
<Spray> Please try locking your modem in a closet, or facing it towards the wall in the corner, so it knows its misbehaved