Someone copying my server name

Ferinsha
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Someone copying my server name

Post by Ferinsha »

One of my coders who has a lot of spare time on his hands had been fired by me last night because of offensive comments towards a lot of people. He decided to make his own server copying my server's name. Is there anything I can do about this? And I cant contact him directly because he blocked me over steam.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Someone copying my server name

Post by TacTicToe »

kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Ferinsha wrote:One of my coders who has a lot of spare time on his hands had been fired by me last night because of offensive comments towards a lot of people. He decided to make his own server copying my server's name. Is there anything I can do about this? And I cant contact him directly because he blocked me over steam.
There is not much that can be done, unfortunately :(
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Ferinsha
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Ferinsha »

TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Exactly. Unless you have some kind of trademark or copyright to the name and its content, there is absolutely nothing you can do. Post in your own forums to let your users know whats going on, so they are aware. Other then that, you're out of luck.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

That may not be completely true. Copyright laws are actually a bit fuzzy as I found out. Having something registered certainly helps, but making a server with a specific name first can hold some ground, if you can prove it. It can also depend greatly on the judge.

Bottom line, though, is if you want to take some sort of legal action, you need to look at getting a lawyer. they can guide you from that point on.
TimeX